- Pay Rate:
up to £26.25 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 8 months
- COLWYN BAY,
Interim Technology Change & Assurance Manager
Reference no: N Wales BL TCL250123
Pay rate up to £26.25 per hour PAYE depending on experience
Reporting to the Technology Head of Service Management and Integration, you’ll own the overall IT Change Management lifecycle including IT Change Management Policy & Procedures, ensuring business services are not unexpectedly impacted following the execution of IT Changes. Alongside this you’ll be providing expert programme, project, and technical management skills to a range of implementation projects that are of strategic importance to the Force, whilst managing the smooth transition of a project’s products and services to their operational in-life state. It is critical that in this role you’ll proactively deliver a robust and effective IS/ICT implementation and 4th line support service which underpins front line policing through the 24/365 availability of world class, mission critical IS/ICT systems, infrastructure, mobile connectivity, and Force-wide communications
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educated to degree level in an engineering or technology subject encapsulating ICT service delivery management
- Recognised PRINCE2 Practitioner qualification, or equivalent formal project management skills and experience through the adoption of PRINCE2 best practice
- Qualified in ITIL v3.0
- Expert knowledge and experience in the management of IT change
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft product portfolio, including Office Suite, Windows Servers, Servers, Developer Tools, Windows Desktop/Mobile
- Working knowledge of Oracle and related databases, and UNIX Systems, with expert knowledge of SAN storage technologies
- A working knowledge of mobility implementations, alongside knowledge of various networking protocols and topologies
- Significant amount of previous experience in the operational management of an ICT service area with ideally some level of experience in the management of an ICT service area for a police force or other 24/365 emergency service/operational time critical service organisation
- Experience of managing contractors within the ITIL best practice
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate clearly at all levels, both technical and non-technical
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills ability, with the ability to adopt a problem orientated approach
- Well organised and have excellent co-ordination skills with an analytical and imaginative approach to identifying process improvements
- Demonstrate Level 2 Welsh skills, which means you’re able to give and ask for personal details and basic information; to make simple requests and say a few phrases about yourself in Welsh. Within your 6-month probationary period you will be required to reach Level 3 Welsh language skills
- Able to work as part of a team or independently using own initiative
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Police Vacancy - only for candidates with a minimum of 3 years continuous UK address history.
Please note that this vacancy is subject to a strict security vetting procedure.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours. NB: Police Vacancy - only for candidates with a minimum of 3 years continuous UK address history.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Technology Change & Assurance Manager
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.