- Pay Rate:
Up to £16.69 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Sunday, 8.45am to 5.15pm
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- Leamington Spa, Warwickshire,
Temporary Technical Supervisor - Cultural, Tourism & Leisure
Job Ref: Warwick 5238963
Pay Rate: Up to £16.69 per hour PAYE depending on experience
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Sunday, 8.45am to 5.15pm
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
City: Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
Candidates must be prepared to work evenings and weekends
The purpose of the role is to assist the Technical & Facilities Manager in the planning and delivery of all technical requirements at all venues. in providing specialist technical support for performances, screenings, exhibitions, hires and other events at the venues.
- Assist the Technical & Facilities Manager with the scheduling and day-to-day supervision of technical staff. To ensure that the technical team provide the highest professional standards of service and technical support and that they adhere to Warwick District Council financial, administrative and HR procedures with particular emphasis on Health and Safety.
- Deputise for the Technical & Facilities Manager, as required and attend departmental meetings.
- Maintain excellent relationships with our customers. To liaise with, welcome and monitor visiting companies / hirers and artists to ensure safe working practices, correct use of equipment and excellent technical presentation at all times.
- Ensure that financial reconciliations and contra charges are recorded on our charging system and make the Technical & Facilities Manager aware. To take on the role of ‘Duty Technician’, as required and to be responsible for the visiting company and technical staff during an emergency.
- To carry out all duties in accordance with Warwick District Council’s Health and Safety policies and relevant legislation and work in such a way as to promote a culture of safety.
- Ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of the licences granted by Warwick District Council.
- Report faulty equipment and health and safety concerns, including all near misses and accidents, to the Technical & Facilities Manager immediately. To maintain first aid qualifications and act as fire marshal, as required.
- To supervise the maintenance of technical areas and systems, including audio visual and screening equipment.
- Maintain adequate levels of stock consumable items and bring to the attention of the Technical & Facilities Manager any replacement, repair or purchase needs. To ensure that technical areas are safe and presentable at all times.
- Work as a member of the technical crew, assisting with the preparation, get-in, fit-up and operation of performances, exhibitions and events. To operate technical equipment, including lighting, sound, staging, flying, pyrotechnics and projection.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- BTEC or equivalent in a technical theatre discipline.
- 5 GCSE qualifications including Maths and English.
Skills & Experience:
- At least 1 years’ experience in a supervisory role within the technical department of a professional live performance venue.
- Practical experience of the rigging, operation and programming of theatrical lighting equipment.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience of technical work in a live performance venue. Practical experience of the rigging, operation and programming of theatrical lighting equipment.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience of the rigging, operation and programming of live performance sound equipment (including digital).
- Experience and working knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and guidance, specific to the entertainments industry.
- Experience of digital media, including projection.
- Experience in the use of pyrotechnics.
- Effective planning, organisational and time management skills combined with accuracy and attention to detail.
- A good working knowledge of theatre lighting / sound technology and basic.
- knowledge of electrical safety, testing and inspection.
- Knowledge of the operation of live performance in a receiving venue.
- Knowledge of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and related legislation.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Technical Supervisor - Cultural, Tourism & Leisure
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.