- Pay Rate:
Up to £14.95 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday to Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
- ATHERSTONE, Warwickshire,
Temporary Technical Officer / Admin - Environmental Health
Reference no: N Warwickshire 5240214
Pay rate: Up to £14.95 per hour PAYE depending on experience
Hours per week: 37 Monday to Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
City: ATHERSTONE, Warwickshire
A Technical Officer is required to respond to complaints and requests for service in respect of the relevant duties of the post. Where circumstances demand, the postholder will be required to assist other professional and technical staff in other sections of the Division. Will be required to be involved in the call-out procedures of the Emergency Control Centre of the Council and in addition to give advice and to act in emergency situations
- Assist professional and technical staff of the section as required in all aspects of their specialist duties.
- Act as an authorised officer of the Council under relevant public health legislation for the purposes of inspection and investigation.
- Investigation of a wide variety of complaints and enquiries made to the section and making an assessment to determine whether further investigation is necessary or appropriate. The postholder will be required to act within specified guidelines, taking direct action in appropriate cases without referral to more senior members of staff.
- Deal with calls regarding stray dogs, the associated administration kennelling procedures and liaison with the Council’s kennelling provider and animal owners.
- Monitoring of alleged noise nuisance together with the recording of information to provide evidence for either prosecution, or the closing of investigations.
- Inspections, surveys and taking action (including making recommendations for legal proceedings and, in appropriate cases, acting as the Council’s principal witness) in respect of the Council’s Smoke Control Areas, statutory nuisances, complaints about air pollution, light nuisance, filthy and verminous properties, accumulations of waste, defective drainage, dog fouling, littering, fly posting, abandoned vehicles, and any other matters relevant to the post.
- Associated administrative duties, including the compilation of statistical and technical information, the maintenance of records of inspections, writing of letter and reports and maintenance of registers.
- Making a positive contribution to the continual improvement of services offered by the Division by proposing new and innovative ideas or solutions to existing services or problems.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Maths and English Language GCSE/O Levels or equivalent.
- Relevant Environmental Health qualification desirable.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Evidence of written work, quality / clarity of expression, document organisation and technical content.
- An understanding of investigatory, administrative, enforcement, working with people, health or environmental issues desirable.
- Experience of investigation and enforcement, including the initiation of prosecutions desirable.
- Experience of monitoring equipment/regimes and/or software desirable.
- Experience of providing advice and guidance to organisations, work colleagues, elected members and members of the public on legislation and policies desirable.
Skills & Abilities:
- Able to organise, prioritise, administrate and use IT.
- Capable of using initiative, problem solving, taking responsibility, exploring creative solutions to problems, lateral thinking. Working sometimes independently but within parameters.
- Polite and helpful, customer focused. Able and willing to listen and engage.
- Authoritative, confident and positive.
- Customer care skills and ability to remain calm with people under difficult circumstances.
- Goal driven, working to deadlines and managing own time.
- Attention to detail and accuracy skills.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
- Able to occasionally work out of regular office hours. Occasionally work outdoors and/or in unpleasant environments.
- Full driving licence.
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Technical Officer / Admin - Environmental Health
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.