- Pay Rate:
£11.95 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
- Thamesmead, Greenwich,
Temporary Technical Administration Officer
Reference no: Greenwich RQ898494
Pay Rate: £11.95 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 2 months
The purpose of the role is to be responsible for providing technically-focused clerical, administrative and IT support for the housing asset management service, in order to support effective service delivery to residents and corporate clients.
- Carry out a range of general office administrative support tasks including maintain and manage diaries, prepare agendas, arrange meetings and take accurate technically-appropriate minutes as directed, collate relevant documentation, ensuring timely production and distribution and follow up action where required.
- Assist with the collection of technical data and performance indicators from staff, contractors, other departments, stakeholders, consultants, residents and provide contract administration support ensuring that records are accurate and up-to-date. Accurately input, interrogate, update and monitor data for the departments. administrative and IT systems. Assist in the collation of all relevant information required by the Home Ownership Unit.
- Deal with technical service enquiries from the public, contractors, consultants, other departments, external bodies and stakeholders and ensure appropriate information is forwarded to the relevant officer where necessary; record complaints, closely monitor and take action to ensure the service meets the Council’s response criteria.
- Under direction be responsible for the preparation and administration of all aspects of tender documentation including packaging, sending out and receiving tenders in accordance with the Council’s Standing Orders and procedures.
- Responsible for recording and managing the receipt and issue of keys and FOBS, ordering keys where appropriate and assisting in providing access to properties.
- Actively participate in identifying technical and customer-focused improvements in service delivery and support the training of other members of the team as required.
- Ensure at all times whilst carrying out your duties due diligence is given to customer care and excellent service delivery.
- Carry out all duties with due regard to the provisions of health and safety regulations and legislation, the Council’s equal opportunities and customer care polices, and the new technology agreement.
- Undertake any other work appropriate to the level and general nature of the post holder’s duties to ensure the continued effective operation of the service.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Technical Administration Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.