- Pay Rate:
£21.56 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- Chichester / Worthing West Sussex,
Team Manager – Youth Emotional Support Service (YES)
Job Ref: W Sussex RQ671471
Pay Rate: £21.56 per hour PAYE
Enhanced DBS required for this role
Hybrid working: Chichester or Worthing office 2/3 days per week, the rest of the time can be worked from home. There may also be an occasional requirement to work evenings to meet the needs of the service.
The YES service provide Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG) through a team of advisors and intensive casework for young people from 11-18 years old who have emotional wellbeing vulnerabilities. The team provide assessment and triage to identify the right support package for the young person and their family, which can include counselling, on-line support, group work and individual case work.
As Team Manager you will be an operational and system leader providing vision, direction and leadership to the YES workforce in order to develop and sustain the provision of high quality, integrated emotional wellbeing support that improves outcomes for young people and families.
- Manage the Youth Emotional Support team to deliver this service effectively, to a high standard and to the relevant national policy and legislation.
- Develop a range of service-related strategies, policies, and work programmes.
- Direct responsibility for providing advice relating to this specialist area, and to manage the day-to-day service (triage, quality assurance, allocation of resource and line management and supervision), including motivating advisors and caseworkers to carry out the specific function of the team to a high, customer focussed standard.
- Lead on a particular element of development work which may include production of data and management reports, partnership working, service user access through an integrated front door and other aspects of service and/or staff development.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience:
- Post graduate professional qualification relevant either to management or to a professional service specialism; or equivalent level of significant experience demonstrating comprehensive application of the above levels of knowledge in a relevant setting.
- Degree in a relevant profession, or equivalent qualification.
- Advanced theoretical knowledge of systems, procedures, and policies in specialist areas e.g. child protection issues, relevant law, national guidance, risk management, health and safety, safeguarding, evidence-based practice of what works within youth emotional support, etc.
- Significant evidence of providing focused, timely, sound, and accurate management of a team working with complex young people through support and casework.
- Experience of managing significant levels of risk within a caseload of complex young people.
- Experience of effectively managing, supervising, and coaching others.
- Solution-focussed with the ability to analyse complex situations and provide forward thinking strategies and solutions that consider a variety of possible solutions and balance risks, resources and desired outcomes.
- Highly developed communication skills to influence in a multi-disciplinary team and communicate clearly and effectively to explain complicated information to a wide range of people.
- Ability to diagnose, research, analyse and interpret complex or technical information to make effective and robust judgements and write reports which consider business implications and make articulate recommendations considering the broader impacts on the business.
- Ability to think creatively, innovatively, and laterally and to adapt to changing situations in a measured and flexible manner to adapt the advice.
- Ability to effectively lead and supervise others and to provide coaching and mentoring when appropriate.
- Ability to be proactive in having up-to-date knowledge and understanding of changes in legislation, white papers, current research, and best practice developments.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Team Manager – Youth Emotional Support Service
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.