- Pay Rate:
£19.39 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- Islington, London,
Temporary Targeted Tenancy Officer – Housing
Reference no: Islington RQ843718
Pay Rate: £19.39 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
Standard DBS disclosure required for this role
The purpose of the role is to provide a responsive and proactive tenancy management service to tenants with a range of requirements, building on their strengths to facilitate personalised, creative and realistic interventions that reduce risk and promote resilience.
- Establish and maintain expertise in the range of tenancy-related matters that residents require assistance with, developing and implementing a suite of tools and resources (including policies and procedures) to support the delivery of the service. In particular, to take the lead in developing expertise in areas of specialism.
- Provide housing and tenancy-related advice, interventions and services directly to council tenants, their families, advocates and other professionals including the wider staff team, and support colleagues to do the same. Ensure that demand for the service is managed effectively and that unnecessary, wasteful demand is minimised.
- Implement robust processes for assessing, recording, managing and reviewing risks, ensuring that these are dealt with at an appropriate level within the service structure.
- Work in partnership with other service areas and teams in relation to service development, multi-agency panels and individual cases. To understand the role of all relevant statutory and non-statutory services available to residents and support the team to make relevant referrals to safeguard and support them as appropriate.
- Optimise service delivery through flexible working, co-location and integration with the wider Tenancy Services structure, other teams and service areas, including maintaining effective matrix management arrangements, Service Level Agreements and similar.
- Deliver a set of challenging KPIs and personal objectives in line with agreed targets.
- Deliver a programme of visits, using data and intelligence to proactively identify and engage with residents who may be at risk of poor outcomes and offer support accordingly.
- Where appropriate, contribute to specific projects for the Targeted Tenant Service, enabling vulnerable residents to thrive and live well. Develop innovative responses to changing circumstances and problem solve with a high degree of responsibility and independence.
- Contribute ideas and constructive feedback to the development and review of the service plan, making suggestions to enhance the effective delivery of the service and ensure it remains aligned with the wider partnership and council.
- Maintain information systems and take responsibility for data collection, inputting and validation processes, ensuring systems are accurate, complete and up to date.
- Where appropriate, make decisions on behalf of the service – e.g. case decisions using professional judgement and anticipating impact on the council and wider multiagency stakeholder group, decisions regarding legal action and risk to service users, and decisions relating to multi-agency working.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
*** Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of providing advice or assistance to the public in a customer-facing role, ideally within a housing or support setting.
- Excellent customer service skills, with a strong commitment to empowering people to solve their problems, thrive and live well.
- An understanding of the issues facing people who have experienced disadvantages including poor health, unemployment and trauma, and an understanding of how these disadvantages combine to create social exclusion.
- An understanding of housing and other relevant policy and legislation, including housing supply and demand issues and welfare reform.
- An understanding of the network of statutory and non-statutory social and community services and how these may be utilised to support and empower vulnerable people.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Targeted Tenancy Officer – Housing
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.