- Pay Rate:
£200.80 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
40 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- Sandbach, Cheshire,
Interim Systems Support Officer – ICT Services
Reference no: Cheshire 5225057
Pay Rate: £200.80 per day PAYE
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
A Basic DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role
The purpose of the role is to provide advice to maintain, deliver, support, develop, source and train for a range of ICT services. They will apply emerging and advancing methodologies (such as software defined) which ensure efficient application in a low maintenance environment, to all Council staff, Schools and other external clients and cover a wide range of functionality. Will own and complete intricate tasks in relation to ICT systems, interpreting and resolving clients needs and utilising procedures and methods to ensure a rapid and appropriate response.
- Responsible for ad hoc ICT issues on an extremely complex and diverse estate.
- These can vary from single user PC to catastrophic failure affecting all users, all services to entire Council and Public across Cheshire and partner locations.
- The job holder has responsibility to evaluate and recognise the severity of the issue and influence escalation to a major incident whereby they will be expected for diagnosis in their technical areas as part of a wider ICT technical team working to a Major Incident Plan
- Ensure the provision and upkeep of a corporate knowledge base is available for the speedy resolution of subsequent faults and to ensure that action is taken to minimise the occurrence of incidents and to improve the process of problem reporting and clearing.
- Liaise with clients and Project Team for each engaged indicative price request/chargeable workstream on specification and calculation of capital/asset and human resource financial demand and skill types.
- Responsible for delivery of work packages, requests for assistance, upgrades, changes, developments and installs and for ensuring own and supporting member of the team’s work is compliant within ICT project delivery processes such as Service Gates, CAB, and completed on time.
- Technical planning, scheduling and implementation of assigned Core/BAU support tasks and project work and ensure the work is completed within SLA’s/KPI’s. This may also include supporting junior members of the team to ensure their work also meets the appropriate SLA’s/KPI’s.
- Investigate problems using available tools, equipment and standards associated with own area of specialist knowledge.
- Assess implications, prioritise and undertake remedial or mitigation action, using service procedures and own initiative.
- Documenting all stages of tasks, keeping clients and management informed at all times of the current status of unresolved problems.
- Advise on opportunities for development and adoption of automated technology solutions, to maximise efficiency, savings, improve public services and optimise customer experience.
- Implement, maintain and improve QMS documented procedures and technical instructions for all aspects of ICT Service management across Councils staff, Schools and other external clients to ensure compliance with corporate and national policy and professional standards, eg. GDPR, PSN, ITIL, PRINCE.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Degree in a relevant discipline or relevant experience.
- NVQ Level 4 / HNC or equivalent or relevant experience.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Ability to deliver projects.
- Extended experience in an IT based discipline
- Experience of complex data analysis, management and problem solving processes.
- Diagnostics and problem resolution.
- A high level of literacy and numeracy.
- Able to communicate effectively (both orally and written) with a wide audience.
- Ability to interpret and convey information using.
- Ability to prioritise their own workload.
- Ability to contribute to team working
- Understanding of how to estimate costs (financial and risk related) of ICT activities.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Systems Support Officer – ICT Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.