- Pay Rate:
Up to £14.38 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 12 months
Temporary Systems Officer - Financial
Reference no: Oxfordshire 5224997
Pay rate Up to £14.38 per hour PAYE depending on experience
This opening assignment is for 12 months
Remote working available
The main purpose of this role is the checking and entering of complex care data into social care systems, including completing contractual administrative tasks to support the completion of; appropriate and accurate payments and charges. To be the second line support for contacts and enquiries into the team; responsible for the accurate capture and recording of activity undertaken in relation to referred contacts, as well as assessing priority and requirement to escalate to lead officers or manager
- Timely, accurate and appropriate recording of care provisions and financial data
- Compliant management of sensitive data
- Processing payments on time to payees in line with council financial regulations
- Recording delivery of care to support accurate payments and charges
- Effectively managing enquiries from providers, payees and colleagues
- Delivering a high level of customer service to both internal and external stakeholders
- Providing key performance data to senior managers and ensuring systems and processes are performing in line with targets
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- GCSE level English & Maths A-C, or equivalent
- Experience of working in a similar system or financial environment, with external customer interactions
- Experience and aptitude to use own initiative and work collaboratively with colleagues and partners, whilst maintaining focus on service objectives
- Good ICT skills including the ability to use both Microsoft applications, particularly Excel, and business systems effectively, with the ability to apply system knowledge to new IT systems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with experience of communicating complex matters effectively in a variety of mediums in a professional and timely manner, fostering effective working relationships with colleagues and external providers and professionals
- Ability to work independently and well under pressure, managing multiple tasks and by prioritising competing demands effectively
- Motivated, positive and inquisitive with an aptitude for learning and problem solving, including a commitment to providing excellent customer service, and continuous improvement
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Systems Officer - Financial
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.