- Pay Rate:
£20.76 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37.50 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- NOTTINGHAM, Nottinghamshire,
Full Job Title: Interim Systems Engineer – ICT Services
Job Reference: NHCT 5222231
Pay Rate: £20.76 per hour PAYE
To assist the Systems Manager in managing the overall maintenance, development and support of all Trust servers and systems in accordance with Trust, industry, and national standards with reference to ITIL service management standards.
- As part of a team of up to 11 Systems Engineers this role is responsible for the delivery of core server system technology services to the Trust.
- This role has delegated responsibility for key tasks enabling operational continuity and future development of Trust Digital Services.
- The Systems team is one of several specialist technical teams within the Operations section of the Information and Communication Technology department.
- Awareness is required of local and national initiatives, standards, and best practice as well as industry standards such as ISO 27001 and ITIL.
- Work collaboratively with other 3rd line Digital Services teams - Networks, and IT Security & Compliance to provide required high-level ICT service to the Trust.
- The post holder will also provide specialist escalated tier 3 support for relevant critical infrastructure and systems used at the Trust and more widely across the Health community.
- Help ensure the Trust’s compliance to all necessary regulations and legislation around access to information.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject or with equivalent level of knowledge and work experience
- Microsoft qualifications such as MCSE, MCSA.
- Knowledge of ITIL, qualified to Foundation Certificate level
- Knowledge & Experience:
- Excellent experience in Systems Administration / Engineering with a specialism in Microsoft products
- Advanced knowledge of Windows server 2016, 2019 and Hybrid configuration, administration and recovery skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Active Directory and Azure Active Directory (including AD Connect) configuration and administration skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Group Policy configuration and administration.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Exchange 2016 (including Hybrid) and Exchange Online configuration, administration, and recovery.
- Knowledge of SCCM, at least version 2010 or above and Intune/Endpoint Manager.
- Knowledge of MS SQL 2014 / 2016 / 2019 database configuration, administration, and recovery
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 technologies, including (but not limited to) Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint, and core Office Apps.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure services and technologies.
- Excellent knowledge of scripting languages such as PowerShell and Azure Cloud Shell.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Other Work-Related Requirements: Car User – A driving licence is required for this post; however, reasonable adjustments can be made for disabled individuals in line with the Equality Act 2010.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Systems Engineer – ICT Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.