- Pay Rate:
£11.11 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 5-6 months
- Llantarnam Park, Cwmbran,
Temporary Switchboard Operator / Call Taker x4 – Contact & Control
Reference no: Gwent BL TCL348119
Pay rate: £11.11 per hour PAYE
NB: Police Vacancy - only for candidates with a minimum of 3 years continuous UK address history. Please note that this vacancy is subject to a strict security vetting procedure
Shift work and bank holiday work is required
To deliver a high quality and effective service at first point of contact in relation to non emergency contacts received through the switchboard line.
- Operate, answer and initiate telephone calls establishing the nature and the urgency of the callers needs to give appropriate assistance and reassurance.
- Accept and connect all incoming telephone calls to the appropriate extension, email or Teams message according to agreed standards of service.
- Receive and relay electronic communications in accordance with Force requirements and policies.
- General administration and attending meetings and events.
- Shift work and bank holiday work is required.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Minimum of five grade A-C GCSE’s (including English) or the equivalent minimum standards, or possess relevant experience.
- Level 1 Welsh essential (training will be given). Welsh language skills Level 2 and above are desirable.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience of working in a customer service environment is desirable.
- Must possess excellent customer service technique and keyboard skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate experience in recording information accurately on an IT system and demonstrate IT literacy skills.
- Effective communication skills – verbal and written.
- Ability to remain calm and think about how to best manage the situation when faced with provocation.
- Ability to think critically about issues and take in information quickly and accurately.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Switchboard Operator / Call Taker x4 – Contact & Control
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.