- Pay Rate:
£10.90 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
- ST ASAPH,
Temporary Switchboard Operator
Reference no: N Wales BL TCL358017
Pay rate £10.90 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
NPPV Level 2 Vetting
To provide an efficient and effective switchboard service
- To provide a quality customer service to all members of the public.
- To answer calls received at a centralised switchboard and by use of prescriptive questioning, filter calls and direct callers to the relevant department or person promptly and effectively. Where suitable, advise and resolve at first point of contact.
- To operate the switchboard fault reporting system in accordance with procedure and notify supervisor if any action is necessary.
- To support the Control Room Operations as and when required e.g. Major Incident situations.
- To receive and transmit data and message/data e.g. email and utilise Force Systems to resolve queries.
- To be aware of Force policies on Equal Opportunities, Ground Rules, Health & Safety and Data Protection and to comply with the legislation and the standards of good practice.
- Any other duties as directed by a Supervisory Officer commensurate with the post and salary grading
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- NVQ level 2, or equivalent level of qualification, or an equivalent amount of proven relevant experience
- Good communication skills together with the ability to work well in a team environment or on their own initiative
- Ability to communicate fluently through the medium of Welsh and English
- The use of information technology to a standard level together with knowledge of Microsoft packages
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Police Vacancy - only for candidates with a minimum of 3 years continuous UK address history.
Please note that this vacancy is subject to a strict security vetting procedure.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours. NB: Police Vacancy - only for candidates with a minimum of 3 years continuous UK address history.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- NPPV Level 2 Clearance.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.