- Pay Rate:
£319.11 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Interim Sustainability Strategic Lead
Reference no: Wiltshire RQ842500
Pay rate £319.11 per day PAYE
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
Reporting to the Director of Education, you will have overall responsibility in the programme for defining, planning and delivering a strategy for high needs sustainability that balances the need for mitigation of the High Needs Block deficit with impact on service quality, experience and outcomes. Leading the work with senior managers, delivery partners and families to agree a coordinated local area response, you will represent the programme in school, parent and other local forums, promoting a shared vision and collective responsibility for delivering agreed changes
- Develop and support processes for improved, evidence-based insight into the local factors driving identified pressures on the high needs budget and identify key lines of enquiry for addressing the deficit.
- Define options and recommendations for the transformative development of the current special educational needs operational model, supported by clear cost/benefit analysis
- Establish and manage a structured programme environment and programme team take forward the implementation of agreed changes.
- Develop and monitor the strategic delivery plan, providing regular updates to programme governance on progress, risks and issues and the impact of service development on key measures of financial sustainability
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Degree Level qualification or equivalent significant managerial/professional experience
- Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) and/or PRINCE to practitioner level
- Broad knowledge of SEND duties, organisational and service delivery structures, provision and practice in Local Authority, schools and other partner agencies.
- Good working knowledge of the regulatory framework for High Needs Block funding including the DSG Conditions of Grant and High Needs Block operational guidance.
- Strong working knowledge of Programme and Project management methodologies, tools and techniques with the ability to deploy them flexibly across the full development lifecycle
- Informed understanding of the financial challenges affecting special education needs provision and the best practice strategies currently being applied to address them
- Previous experience of leading savings-driven strategic service development, balancing the need for financial benefits with impact on service quality, experience and outcomes
- Ideally recent experience of supporting High Needs Block financial recovery planning, within the framework of a DSG Safety Valve agreement or the Delivering Better Value for SEND programme.
- Experience of building and running complex multi-agency programmes, recognising and balancing competing priorities to agree shared goals and develop integrated service responses.
- Experience of establishing and managing structured programme environments, with the ability to lead and motivate diverse multi-disciplinary project teams in a matrix management approach
- Strong influencing skills to promote programme vision and objectives, with the personal and professional credibility to provide constructive challenge at a senior level where needed
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with the ability to adapt and tailor approaches and communication materials to a wide range of audiences
- Strong strategic thinker and planner with the ability to model ‘whole system’ solutions, working with multiple delivery partners to understand and coordinate the interplay between services at different ages and levels of need.
- Ability to engage effectively with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders, developing strong relationships and collaborative approaches to service design and delivery
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Sustainability Strategic Lead
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.