- Pay Rate:
£28.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
Interim Surveyor x3 - Repairs & Maintenance
Reference no: Manchester 0007 DED5 / 1
Pay rate: £28.00 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
Current UK driving licence and vehicle
A Repairs & Maintenance Surveyor is required for the undertaking of pre and post contract maintenance inspection and management functions for the council social housing stock portfolio. To provide a range of Building Inspection services in relation to the maintenance of housing stock, including ensuring that such works are carried out in accordance with procedure and specification.
- Carry out pre-inspection of repairs prior to ordering, and prepare written defects sheets and general information. Prepare schedules, quantities, costs and simple diagrams and resolve contractor problems and assist in the withholding of payment in conjunction with the SSR.
- Authorise payments to day-to-day Repairs/Voids Contractors following post-inspection of targeted samples.
- Supervise the Repair Contractor on a daily basis with regard to quality of work and compliance with repair deadlines.
- Have an awareness of the CDM Regulations and ensure, in liaison with a Surveyor with Special Responsibilities, that compliance occurs.
- Assist the Repairs Service Manager to accurately monitor all services provided and liaise with tenants.
- Post-inspect completed repairs to tenanted and void properties to ensure work is satisfactory and to required standard and authorise charges. Provide a front facing repairs service, liaising with tenants and resolving repair issues in a professional and efficient manner.
- Act as a Team member in the preparation and approval of Variation Orders. Work as a Team member providing general building advice to Local Services.
- Represent Northwards Housing in a positive manner and play a full and active part on the further development of Northwards Housing.
- Be in possession of a current driving licence and have use of a car to carry out Northwards Housing business.
- Maintain an awareness and observation of Fire and Health & Safety Regulations and good practice requirements throughout the company.
- Attendance at evening meetings or events outside office hours.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Must have either a HNC or ONC in a building related field.
- Full driving licence as access to a car is required on a daily basis.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in domestic building maintenance and CDM regulations required to satisfactorily undertake this role.
- Knowledge of the building maintenance industry including relevant experience in the inspection of domestic property and the remedy of maintenance problems.
- Must be conversant with current legislation and statutory requirements relating to building and inspection works.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to prepare and interpret specifications and prepare schedules or work utilising a prepaid schedule of rates. This will require accurate computer skills.
- Ability to receive and record information accurately, in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to organise and prioritise work to meet deadlines and targets.
- The ability to contribute to and support the work of other members of the team.
- Ability to understand and apply policy and procedures in day to day working.
- An understanding of customer focused service delivery.
- Ability to take initiative and make informed decisions.
- Active listening and verbal communication skills for effective interactions with members of the public and staff at all levels.
- The ability to adapt to new systems and procedures and to help colleagues use these effectively.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Surveyor x3 - Repairs & Maintenance
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.