- Pay Rate:
£37,239.00 per annum
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
- Poole, Dorset,
Temporary Surveyor – Property Services
Reference no: ATR 5224446
Pay Rate: £37,239.00 per annum
Role is based across Dorset, Somerset, Devon & Cornwall, applicants must be prepared to travel across these regions.
To provide technical surveying across a geographical portfolio of properties and contract management for a defined planned maintenance programme across the region. Contributing to the development and implementation of the vision, Corporate Strategy, culture and organisational effectiveness.
The Surveyors will have responsibility for providing surveying activities and contract administration duties for all maintenance services within their portfolio regions. Surveyors will be assigned major works and cyclical programmes to deliver and allocated a geographical patch that is aligned to a housing neighbourhood officer (where possible). They will be responsible for surveying any void properties, surveying repairs that have be requested by customers, post inspections, identifying all communal repairs and ensuring these are managed through to completion.
- Decisions that safeguard the health and safety of customers and contractors
- Ensuring the Way culture and accountability for actions is embedded across their teams
- Managing budgets relevant to their consulting contract, ensuring that they are appropriate, and expenditure kept within budget and delivered in accordance with the Financial Regulations, Standing Orders and audit requirements taking appropriate action when variances occur.
- Ensuring that the management of major works contracts meet all required standards of performance, including audit, time, cost, quality and customer satisfaction
- Assist with the preparation of reports on supplier performance ensuring that early remedial action can be taken under the contract and if necessary, ensuring that contracts are determined in line with the authority delegated under Standing Orders.
- Ensuring complaints and disrepair claims are dealt with in a quick and effective manner and follow the organisation policies and procedures.
- The role works closely with internal and external stakeholders, influencing decisions to achieve business outcomes.
- This role is responsible for managing their own geographical area and planned maintenance programmes
- The role also manages significant physical assets such as equipment, IT hardware and software.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Relevant academic and/or professional qualification in Construction or Surveying.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of surveying and contract management in the social housing sector.
- Experience of monitoring works budgets c. £500k.
- Working knowledge of current Health and Safety with particular reference to the building and construction sector
- Current methods, standards and initiatives relating to repair and refurbishment of residential dwellings.
- Commercial awareness with an understanding of financial and contractual considerations.
- Ability to prioritise, organise and deliver to challenging targets
- Clear and concise communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrable commercial acumen.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Has a current, full driving license or the ability to travel around the local vicinity.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Surveyor – Property Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.