- Pay Rate:
Up to £22.03 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Cambridge, Cambridgeshire,
Interim Allocations & Lettings Officer – Housing
Reference no: Cambridge 5224271
Pay Rate: Up to £22.03 per hour PAYE depending on experience
This opening assignment is for 3 months
The purpose of the role is to maintain the Council’s land and property portfolio (excluding its housing portfolio) under the control of Customer Services & Resources committee in a good state of repair & condition. Also, carry out such alterations/refurbishments as may be undertaken from time to time in accordance with the Council’s Office Accommodation Strategy and Policy for Property Holdings.
- Inspection of and reporting on the condition of all corporate property under the control of Customer Services & Resources (CS&R) Committee.
- The preparation of estimates and programmes of maintenance for corporate properties under the control of CS&R Committee.
- The preparation and periodic review of Repair and Renewal Fund estimates for corporate properties under the control of CS&R committee.
- The preparation of plans, schedules, specifications ,estimates and tender documents, the obtaining of tenders, issuing of works orders ,supervision of works and settlement of accounts.
- To comply with the Council’s Constitution in all matters to do with employment of contractors .
- The provision of professional Building Surveying advice to the Head of Service and other officers and departments as and when required.
- Preparing committee reports and attending committee meetings as required from time to time by the posts Line Manager or Head of Service.
- Preparing Schedules of Condition for lease documents when requested by the Chief Estates Surveyor or Head of Service.
- Preparing Schedules of Dilapidation and negotiating settlements of dilapidation claims with Council tenants or landlords when requested to do so by the Chief Estates Surveyor or Head of Service.
- Update or carry out new Fire Insurance Valuations for Council buildings as and when requested by the Chief Estates Surveyor or the Finance Depts Support Services Manager.
- Carry out such other duties as the Head of Service shall properly require from time to time in accordance with the grading of the post.
- Maintain manual/computerised property maintenance and property condition records.
- Carry out fire and other relevant property related risk assessments and identify, cost and report on appropriate remedial measures to reduce risks to acceptable levels.
- Prepare estimates for and manage designated cost centres and assist the Line Manager, Chief Estates Surveyor and Head of Service with the preparation, control and monitoring of income and expenditure budgets for all Property Services Cost Centres.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Degree in building surveying and /or qualified Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyor’s Building Surveying division.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Demonstrable period of post qualification work experience as building surveyor, in public and/or private sector, responsible for maintenance of commercial and/or industrial and/or local government services buildings.
- Numerate and Literate.
- Ability to communicate with professional colleagues, senior staff, members, tradesmen, contractors, commercial tenants by telephone, letter, email and in person.
- Good negotiating skills.
- Up to date professional knowledge of building construction methods and materials, building regulations, health and safety regulations, specifying and ordering planned and reactive works particularly of commercial and industrial buildings and including listed buildings.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Surveyor - Estates Improvements Schemes
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.