- Pay Rate:
Up to £20.67 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months, likely to be extended
- Cambridge, Cambridgeshire,
Interim Surveyor – Estates & Facilities
Reference no: Cambridge 5235472
Pay Rate: Up to £20.67 per hour PAYE depending on experience
36 hours Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months, likely to be extended
City: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Enhanced DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role
The successful candidate will be responsible for the completion of mutual exchange inspections and the delivery of the programme of inspection of repairs following responsive repairs and in the re-commissioning of voids (so ensuring compliance with the Council’s current policies, void specification and guidelines for landlord repair obligations).
- The specification and risk assessment of responsive repairs and void recommissions of a more complex nature and/or where the tenant or operatives are unable to determine what repair is required.
- The inspection of repairs related works (whether delivered by the in-house Operations Team or external contractor partners) to ensure compliance with agreed specifications / expected cost including the identification of defects, putting in place necessary corrective actions and fully understanding the basis of any significant cost over-runs.
- Carrying out void inspections to tenanted and empty properties.
- Gathering evidence to enable the income team to recover monies for rechargeable repairs. This includes taking photos to support the recharge to the tenant/outgoing tenant.
- Deal with party wall notices and insurance claims relating to Council property.
- Ensuring that appropriate certification and/or documentation is obtained for all works carried out and that accurate records are maintained as required by all statutory regulations, British Standards and codes of practice, Council Policies and Contract terms.
- Ensuring properties are repaired or re-commissioned (as appropriate) to a high standard on a timely basis in order to maximise customer satisfaction / minimise void times.
- Act as the specialist technical expert in the repairs area, providing appropriate technical input, professional advice and training to colleagues working across the Operations team.
- Carry out any other duties as required by your line manager from time to time in accordance with the grading of the post.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Academic qualification in building services or related discipline at least up to HND level or equivalent (post-holder should ideally already possess or be working towards a professional qualification in engineering or facilities management).
- IOSH Managing Safety Certificate holder (strongly desirable).
- GCSE Maths and English (minimum Grade C) or equivalent.
- Clean UK driving license.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Substantial experience gained working as a professional surveyor engaged in all aspects of building services derived within the construction industry with a proven track-record of risk assessing, specifying and overseeing the technical delivery of small works (ideally building maintenance related).
- Knowledge of all aspects of technical building services including associated contractual matters and legislation together with appropriate dispute resolution methods.
- Knowledge and understanding of statutory /compliance requirements and certification in respect of technical building services.
- Good working knowledge of health and safety regulation (including CDM, risk assessment, accident investigation, COSHH, asbestos) and Building Regulations.
Skills & Abilities:
- Well-developed project specification and management skills.
- Well-developed staff management and development skills (ideally including previous responsibility for managing largely office-based staff).
- Resilient and well organised - able to multitask, self-organise and manage own workload.
- Customer focussed with high level of interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in a clear, concise and open manner to a wide range of people.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Surveyor – Estates & Facilities
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.