- Pay Rate:
£17.47 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- ISLINGTON, London,
Full Job Title: Temporary Support Officer – Estate Food Waste Recycling
Job Reference: Islington RQ779398
Pay Rate: £17.47 per hour PAYE
This is a three month opportunity, working with the Council’s Recycling Team, driving forward the provision of food waste recycling services to estate and blocks of flats.
Support the Recycling Team with the development of food waste recycling services for purpose built blocks of flats operated by Islington Council, Resident Social Landlords and private landlords in Islington.
Visit and survey properties to identify relevant information for service delivery, including locations for a food waste recycling bins, access details (fobs, keys etc), location of existing recycling and refuse bins and details of managing agents. This may involve communicating directly with residents.
Record and provide site survey information in the required format for the Recycling Team.
Support and oversee the delivery and installation of food waste recycling bins at agreed sites, including the deliver and distribution to households of kitchen caddies, compostable bags and supporting printed material.
Carry out periodic monitoring of recently installed food waste recycling sites to check on correct installation and use of facilities.
You will need to have basic competent IT skills including the use of outlook, word, excel and sharepoint, as well as the ability to create and amend maps and site photographs.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Level 2 qualification in Maths and English (e.g. GCSE grade 4 or above)
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience of working within a Social Housing or a recycling and waste management environment
- Specific Skills required for this Role:
- Ability to identify practical and suitable arrangements for recycling services within housing environments, based on set criteria
- Ability to capture and record survey data and information as required
- Ability to carry out manual tasks such as movement of wheelie bins and delivery of small kitchen caddies as part of a service delivery process
- Good verbal and written communication skills, with ability to draft short reports, letters and other material in clear and plain English, and to verbally present written material to colleagues.
- Good knowledge of Local Authority recycling operations, local and national policy, drivers and targets
- ICT Skills:
- Experience of using IT systems, including MS Office, excel, word and outlook
- Ability to create and amend basic maps and photographs using digital tools (such as google, Paint etc.)
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Support Officer – Estate Food Waste Recycling
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.