- Pay Rate:
£127.89 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months.
- Brixton, Lambeth,
Interim Street Works Inspector- Traffic Management
Reference no: Lambeth RQ714489
Pay Rate: £127.89 per day PAYE
Full Uk Driving License required
The post-holder will assist in ensuring that the Council’s duties under the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991, Traffic Management Act 2004 & The London Permit Scheme are discharged properly, efficiently and effectively in order to reduce disruption to the public highway to enable the Council to fulfil its network management duty.
- Inspect Street Works activities throughout the borough
- Report on works in progress, overruns, defective apparatus, defective reinstatements
- Monitor sites throughout the guarantee period.
- Use Borough Knowledge on activities and events in order to help reduce unnecessary disruption to the network
- Ensure compliance to high way regulations and codes of practice and when necessary, take actions and apply penalties to enforce these controls
- Attend site in case of emergencies
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience & Knowledge / Technical skills
- Good standard of education including English and Mathematics at GCSE Grade A-C (or equivalent).
- Highways Inspector accreditation or equivalent
- NRSWA Act 1990 Supervisory Card
- Working knowledge within the highways maintenance or civil engineering sectors.
- Experience of working with utility providers.
- Knowledge of current highways legislation, including the New Roads & Street Works Act and the Highway Act.
- Experience of highway inspection procedures and standards.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to interpret maps, plans and engineering drawings
- Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise work.
- Good IT skills, including the use of specific highways software such as WDM
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to form relationships at all levels and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work to deadlines in a high pressurised environment
- Ability to analyse and summarise complex information
- Ability to challenge and negotiate
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Street Works Inspector- Traffic Management
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.