- Pay Rate:
£10.39 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
Stores & Waste Operative
Job Ref: Gateshead 1000533513895480
Pay Rate: £10.39 per hour PAYE
To be part of a stores, yard and waste team providing materials collection/delivery service and a waste transfer facility for Repairs and Maintenance of Housing, Schools & public buildings, Construction Major Works and Highways
- To safely pick and issue requested for building materials via the stores and yard trade counter, recording transactions on the stock system.
- To check and accept deliveries into stores and yard from suppliers and the recording transactions on the stock system.
- To prepare and pack kits for delivery to sites with the borough of Council
- To handle paperwork and ensuring information is passed to the appropriate team members for all deliveries and collections.
- To effectively manage stock control of materials and goods in/ out and maintain economic stock quantities.
- To manage waste segregation and the loading and offloading of waste from vehicles.
- Data input onto computer systems.
- To maintain upkeep and cleanliness of stores, yard and waste facility.
- To be pro-active in all aspects of safety management & comply with current legislation
- To liaise with all stakeholders as necessary within a customer focused environment
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Telehandler license
- Counterbalance Forklift license
- Effective Communication skills
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Stores & Waste Operative
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.