- Pay Rate:
£29.45 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Interim Stakeholder Engagement Manager x 2 - Climate Change
Reference no: GLA 0007 174E / 1
Pay Rate: £29.45 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Hybrid working - 2 days in office, 3 days WFH. Some days might need to be meeting at organisation sites.
The purpose of the role is to work with the Head of Climate Change and Green Finance Senior Project Manager to support the delivery of the Mayor’s net zero 2030 target, particularly by identifying over £500 million of investments in climate actions that can be made initially through the Mayor’s green bond and subsequent green financing mechanisms.
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date stakeholder engagement plan, ensuring all stakeholder engagements are managed effectively.
- Engage and liaise with stakeholders, communicating the green finance programme aims, processes, and information needs, give feedback on emerging projects and handle communications on the green bond prospectus and other green financing mechanisms.
- Help institutions to access existing and expanded technical assistance through the project life cycle and provide private sector partner engagement.
- Ensure that projects are effectively developed and delivered by working with the wider Environment team, key GLA teams and governance, Mayor’s office and key external stakeholders where needed.
- Navigate internal stakeholders effectively, including procurement processes, monitoring, review and governance.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of delivery approaches in line with Mayoral priorities and GLA decision making frameworks.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders, to represent and promote the GLA’s strategy and actions.
- Provide policy advice and support to the Head of Climate Change, Assistant Director of Environment and Energy, Deputy Mayors, Mayoral Advisers, senior managers and Assembly Members on matters within the area of responsibility.
- Prepare and present reports, briefs and recommendations on key issues and actions to the Green Finance Senior Project Manager and Head of Climate Change to facilitate executive understanding and decision making.
- Realise the benefits of London’s diversity by promoting and enabling equality of opportunities, and promoting the diverse needs and aspirations of London’s communities.
- Realise the benefits of a flexible approach to work in undertaking the duties and responsibilities of this job, and participating in multi-disciplinary, cross-department and cross-organisational groups and project teams.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
*** Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Strong experience of stakeholder engagement management, including resolving complex issues effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to absorb complex information quickly, and to communicate it to a non-expert audience in a concise and engaging way.
- Well-developed communication skills and experience convening partners to achieve programme aims.
- Experience managing a range of private and public stakeholder relationships.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Stakeholder Engagement Manager x 2 - Climate Change
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.