- Pay Rate:
£23.45 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- ST ALBANS,
Interim Environmental Compliance Officer – Contaminated Land
Reference no: St Albans 5212227
Hours will be slightly flexible; the Candidate will be visiting sites.
To contribute to the work of the specialist environmental team to ensure compliance with the Council’s enforcement policies, protocols and the statutory requirements of the various government agencies.
The role delivers all contaminated land consultation and investigations, including supporting the Environmental Compliance Team’s response to planning applications, response to external Environmental Information Requests (EIR’s) and Freedom of Information Requests (FOR’s) and consultation and advise to the Construction and Design (C&D) team.
This role also has a proactive element in relation to the Council’s responsibilities under Part IIA of the Environmental Protection Act, 1990 identifying land which is potentially contaminated.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educated to degree or equivalent level in a subject area relating to one of the specialist functions (or in exceptional cases where considerable experience in the specialist are can be demonstrated)
- Membership of appropriate professional body or equivalent experience
- Knowledge & Experience:
- Up to date and working knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, standards and core disciplines of work area relating to contaminated land and environmental Health.
- Experience of successfully working within contaminated land environment
- ICT Skills:
- Good IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
- Ability to work specific GIS software packages
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Enviro Compliance Officer – Contaminated Land
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.