- Pay Rate:
up to £166.50 per day PAYE depending on experience (tbc)
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4-5 months
Senior Building Control Assessment Officer - Engineering & Surveying
Reference no: Dudley 1004309
Pay rate up to £166.50 per day PAYE depending on experience (tbc)
To implement and enforce the requirements of the Building Regulations and Associated Legislation in an effective and efficient manner, undertaking plan assessments and associated works, dealing with a varied and heavy workload, to ensure that Statutory Requirements are met
- To be responsible for and to manage their own work in consultation with the Building Control Manager, ensuring that the services provided are delivered effectively and efficiently.
- To maintain a thorough and up-to-date knowledge of appropriate legislation, the Building Regulations and Approved Documents, Government Guidance and Circulars, British Standards, approved Codes of Practice and Best Practice Technical Guidance necessary for the performance of the Post holder, the team(s) and the Section, and to update knowledge relating to e-planning and on-line services and be committed to undertake a process of continuous learning and development.
- To determine submitted applications for compliance with the Building Regulations and Associated Legislation including carrying out all necessary consultations with internal and external Consultees, liaison with Agents and Applicants and all other associated works necessary, including keeping appropriate records, so as to enable a decision to be made on the Application within Statutory time limits.
- To prepare statements of evidence on Building Regulation matters and to give evidence on behalf of the Council at examinations in public, court, public inquiries and informal hearings and where necessary act as an expert witness.
- To assist the Building Control Manager with the audit and review of processes and procedures.
- To assist the Building Control Manager in the implementation of service and operational plans and to ensure information is collected and maintained regarding targets and performance as required.
- To respond appropriately to routine enquiries by e-mail, letter, and telephone or in person, relating to building control matters.
- To advise the public, developers, statutory bodies, Council departments, Councillors and other interested parties in matters relating to building control, associated legislation and constructional matters in general.
- To participate in any pre-application discussions and meetings, enquiries regarding local conditions and general technical advice and interpretation.
- To be flexible in approach to the work of the section and to be capable of leading new teams or task specific teams as required. To liaise with colleagues in other services and sections
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Knowledge and understanding of the application of legislation and procedure relating to dangerous buildings
- Have a knowledge and understanding of Building Control legislation and associated approved guidance documents
- Experience working within a building control service dealing with a wide range of building control applications
- Demonstrate the ability to interpret plans and advise applicants on regulatory issues
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct pre-application meetings
- Ability to offer reasoned advice and recommend appropriate solutions to concerns with plans and during the construction site inspection process
- Ability to write clear concise reports and correspondence
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Sr Building Control Assmnt Officer - Engineering & Surveying
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.