- Pay Rate:
£11.95 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
14.50 Saturday - Sunday, 12:00 – 22:30 shifts
This opening assignment is for 8-9 months
- CAMBERWELL, London,
Full Job Title: Temporary Sports Facility Assistant x3 – Parks & Leisure
Job Reference: Southwark 5219078
Pay Rate: £11.95 per hour PAYE
Will need to be able to alternate a working pattern of a weekends, day shifts, evening shifts, Enjoyment of sport is not essential but helpful.
To deliver excellent quality sports facilities that are customer focused and well maintained and encourage residents to be physically active regularly.
To be highly customer focused and to deliver the highest standard of customer care by making visitors feel welcome and delivering a good quality service.
- Ensuring the safety of customers and colleagues by keeping all areas hazard free, maintaining safe working procedures and practices, carrying out checks, maintaining records and taking appropriate action when required to minimise risks. Reporting incidents and accidents in accordance with the operating procedures.
- Ensure all clubs and organisations using the facility stick to the terms and conditions of their bookings. Liaison with the bookings agent and the grounds maintenance team in terms of customer’s feedback and service satisfaction.
- Ensuring the facilities are locked securely when not in use, that regular building patrols take place, the CCTV is operational, antisocial behaviour is dealt with and reported.
- Contribute to the maintenance and upkeep of the facilities both internally and externally where necessary. Conduct inspections and reporting of any maintenance of the building or equipment that is required whilst also ensuring that the grounds are presentable and free litter etc.
- Ensure that the entire building is presentable, comfortable and clean for customers through the delivery of reactive, daily, weekly and periodical cleaning schedules.
- Identify opportunities for development of the centre by seeking customer’s feedback, liaising with user groups and Friends of Groups and identifying gaps in the programme of activities.
- To promote the importance of physical activity and its benefits to people’s health.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Knowledge, including educational qualifications:
- A relevant professional coaching or sports qualification. Appropriate experience can be substituted for formal qualifications - desirable
- General knowledge of, but not limited to, sports such as football, cricket, rugby and hockey - desirable
- An understanding of how physical activity and sport can make a positive contribution to health improvement, crime reduction and social cohesion.
- Good knowledge of health and safety in leisure facilities - desirable
- A full understanding of the role and function of providing physical activity and sport programmes for diverse populations, organisations and cultures.
- Experience of working in a community sports facility – desirable
- Skills & Abilities:
- An ability to communicate well with a wide range of people including customers, community groups and clubs
- An ability to organise and prioritise tasks
- Capable of building excellent working relationships within a team setting
- ICT Skills: Basic IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite) - desirable
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Sports Facility Assistant – Parks & Leisure
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.