- Pay Rate:
£315.07 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday- Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Interim Specialist Regeneration Procurement & Contract Manager– Procurement
Reference no: NE Lincolnshire 5235323
Pay Rate: £315.07 per day PAYE
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Must attend the office at least 3 days per week.
The post holder will work within a Transformation Unit supporting our project management office, delivering high quality and cost-effective procurement and contract management support to deliver ongoing regeneration activity to time, plan and budget..
- Lead procurement activity for complex procurements associated with regeneration activity in North East Lincolnshire. These will be largely (but not exclusively) works and consultancy contracts.
- Lead on all procurement and contract management matters associated with regeneration activity including legal and commercial implications of decisions and recommendations.
- Provide expert procurement and contract management advice to the project management office.
- Lead the implementation and development of robust contract management and monitoring assurance arrangements and provide assurance reports to senior managers and elected members as required.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with the Project Management Office and Transformation Units and promote the principles of good procurement and contract management practice.
- Work with the Project Management Office to ensure a good understanding of the current market, provider engagement, and procurement options.
- Provide advice and support to the Project Management Office in relation to the development of procurement specifications, and throughout the life of the procurement, for example, with supplier questions and evaluation of tenders.
- Provide support and advice to the Project Management Office to effectively manage contracts and provide assurance that contracts deliver the specified performance and outcomes within budget.
- Ensure that requirements are clearly defined, and appropriate performance measures and outcomes are put in place as part of the procurement and contract management process.
- Assist the Strategic Procurement and Contract Management Lead to implement promote and embed internal and external policies and initiatives linked to procurement and contracting e.g., Social Value, carbon neutral, equalities.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Be educated to degree level, or equivalent experience in a relevant discipline
- Hold a professional procurement qualification – e.g., full membership by examination of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (MCIPS), or similar
- Continuous professional development
- Contract Management accreditation (IACCM, Government Commercial Function etc)
- Working across diverse services within complex organisations including partnership working
- Experience of leading multiple, complex “works” and “consultancy” tender processes
- Contract management experience and monitoring of key performance indicators
- Apply governance and assurance processes and providing assurance to procurements and other commercial matters
- Substantial relevant experience or procurement including tendering, negotiation, and contract management
- Purchasing and supply chain experience
- Experience of advising and influencing senior leaders in procurement and contract management matters
- Experience with procurement and contracts administration under EU funded contracts or agreements
- Market knowledge and awareness of intelligence tools and techniques (e.g., market/product segmentation, portfolio analysis, cost modelling etc
- Specialist regeneration knowledge and understanding of current best procurement practices and technology including competitive tendering, electronic reverse auctions
- Knowledge of electronic tendering systems
- Knowledge of the latest purchasing techniques and legislative requirements
- Good working knowledge of client contracts and associated contract mechanisms
- Knowledge/experience of managing a portfolio of strategic, complex and large value contracts
- Local Authority financial and budgetary controls and procedures
- Local government and the political environment
- In depth understanding of financial and budgetary controls and procedures
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to develop and maintain trusting open and productive relationships with key stakeholders
- Break down and effectively communicate complex, systemic problems and ideas, translating them into tangible goals and activities
- Ability to understand the bigger picture and help others understand wider context and implications around procurement decisions
- Good problem solving skills and ability to respond to sudden unexpected demands
- Ability to analyse complex facts and situations and develop a range of options
- Strategic thinking – ability to anticipate and resolve problems before they arise
- Ability to prioritise own work effectively and be able to direct activities of others
- Comprehensive experience of project principles, techniques, and tools
- Able to initiate and drive change and improvement
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Regeneration Procurement & Contract Mgr– Procurement
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.