- Pay Rate:
Up to £36.00 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- TAUNTON, Somerset,
Full Job Title: Interim Finance Officer – Accounts
Job Reference: Somerset TCL0006 CE41 / 1
Pay Rate: Up to £36.00 per hour PAYE for exceptional candidates (Please note that the pay rate for this role is likely to be uplifted to reflect a higher than standard holiday allocation)
This role is Hybrid
Prepare annual revised (current year) and forward year’s budget estimates for clients.
Monitor client expenditure through the year and produce monthly budget monitoring reports.
Close both revenue and capital accounts for all clients at year-end.
Monitor and control their service’s capital expenditure through the year to ensure schemes are completed and expenditure is properly recorded, and discussing progress reports and additional requirements with clients. This includes providing timely and accurate data to the Capital Accountant.
Operate as the responsible local finance officer for the service. The role can include dealing with accounting problems arising; reconciling the financial information on their in-house management systems to the information held on the corporate SAP system; operating exchequer controls such as imprest accounts, authorised signatories; dealing with debt collection and invoice payment performance issues such as outstanding debt over 90 days and producing monthly summary accounts (monitoring reports, including variance analysis, problem areas and possible remedial action) for the relevant Management Teams.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Working towards Association of Accounting Technician (AAT) qualification or equivalent.
- Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Analysis and interpretation of financial information
- Financial/Budget monitoring experience
- Experience of working in a finance environment and dealing with complex accounting and statutory reporting issues
- Time Management
- Organisational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working to deadlines
- Ability to manage a varied workload
- ICT Skills:
- Knowledge of accounting methods/systems (SAP)
- Experience of using Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Finance Officer – Accounts
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.