- Pay Rate:
Up to £26.30 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- OXFORD, Oxfordshire,
Interim Solicitor (Litigation) – Legal Services
Reference no: Oxfordshire 5244254
Pay rate: Up to £26.30 per hour PAYE depending on experience
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
City: OXFORD, Oxfordshire
Hybrid working, required to attend the office (Oxford City) on a regular basis and attend own hearings
A Litigation Solicitor is required to undertake a range of legal work in connection with the work of the team and to provide general legal advice to all client departments of the Council. The successful candidate will be required to attend the office (Oxford City) on a regular basis and attend own hearings as and when necessary. Criminal (non school attendance) and Civil Litigation experience is required for this role and ideally Adult Social Debt Recovery experience.
- Undertake a range of legal work in connection with the work of the team and provide general legal advice to all client departments.
- Assist Legal Services in maintaining the provision of an effective and efficient Legal Service to the County Council.
- Assist County Legal Services in maintaining the provision of an effective and efficient legal service to the County Council in compliance with the LEXCEL Office Procedures Manual formulated in accordance with the Law Society’s Practice Management Standards.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Qualified Solicitor/Barrister with current law society practising certificate.
- Excellent knowledge of specialist legal area - specifically Criminal (school prosecutions, non-school attendance) and Civil Litigation.
- Experience of Local Government legal practice.
- Experience with Adult Social Care debt recovery desirable.
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
- Ability in dealing with complex legal matters.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Good negotiation and influencing skills.
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Solicitor (Litigation) – Legal Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.