- Pay Rate:
£30.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
- Oxford, Oxfordshire,
Interim Solicitor - Childcare
Job Ref: Oxfordshire 5241284
Pay Rate: £30.00 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
City: Oxford, Oxfordshire
Enhanced DBS disclosure required for this role
The purpose of the role is to assist in the provision of a comprehensive legal service on all aspects of child protection work to the Children, Young People and Families Directorate and to the Council.
This post holder is responsible for ensuring that all relevant County policies and procedures are adhered to and concerns are raised in accordance with these policies.
- The provision of detailed legal advice to Client Directorates and individual Officers.
- Drafting legal documents, reports, briefings and opinion on relevant legal matters.
- Give effect to the instructions of the Client Directorates and the Council and to ensure they act in accordance with legal requirements and policies and procedures.
- To undertake such other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Representing the Council in legal proceedings concerning children in the Family Court
- Brief Counsel for the representation of the Council in the Family Court and to obtain Counsel’s opinion on any relevant matter relating to children’s proceedings.
- Handle a personal portfolio of child care cases to a high standard of professional practice.
- Advise, negotiate and draft legal documents to give effect to decisions of the Client Directorate and the Council.
- Undertake a range of legal work in connection with the specialist legal area to which the postholder is assigned.
- Provide general legal advice and to deal with general legal queries relating to children’s matters as required.
- Undertake such other duties as may be assigned from time to time, including legal training to Client Departments, that may be required.
- The above duties may be varied or changed by the County Solicitor.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Qualified Solicitor / Barrister.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Ability in detailing with complex legal matters.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Ability to work creatively and flexibly.
- Good negotiation and influencing skills.
- Good analytical and legal research skills.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Solicitor - Childcare
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.