- Pay Rate:
£12.92 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- STOKE ON TRENT,
Temporary Social Work Assistant – Childrens x3
Reference no: Stoke on Trent 5223560
Pay rate £12.92 per hour PAYE
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
To support the delivery of high quality social work activities within Children and Family Services through the provision of direct support work to children, young people and families. Also providing support and assistance to social workers undertaking assessments, managing and implementing children’s care plans. Works within Children’s Support and Safeguarding, Children with Disabilities, Children in Care, Next Steps, Fostering and Adoption
- To promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young people and to support families.
- To assist colleagues in carrying out statutory duties and requirements
- To contribute to the pod/team in actively planning for safety, permanency and stability for children and young people regardless of the setting in which they live and to actively support children to live at home safely.
- To develop a positive, professional relationship with children, parents/carers and professionals.
- Work in partnership with colleagues, parents and carers, ensuring that child-centred systemic practice is the principal standard and framework for all work undertaken with children, young people and families.
- To be committed to practice that is anti-discriminatory and that actively promotes equal opportunities.
- When required undertake primary worker role to support families by leading S17 (child in need) cases identified by the Practice Manager. Taking responsibility for co-ordinating and managing these cases, ensuring a robust support plan is created in collaboration with the family and other professionals.
- Arrange, chair and review child in need meetings to ensure targets are achieved and child’s needs continue to be consistently met.
- Undertake specialist family work including contribution and support in parenting assessments, risk assessment and single assessments as directed by the practice manager. Where appropriate also undertaking parenting support and life story work.
- Undertake Private Fostering Assessments, ensuring the welfare of children subject to this arrangement
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Level 3 Diploma in Children & Young People’s Working or other relevant qualification (eg, NNEB, Diploma in Youth and Community Work, Welfare etc) or a willingness to work towards this
- Sound knowledge of the Children Act and Child Protection legislation
- A knowledge and commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
- Basic knowledge of systemic practice and its application in children’s social care
- Experience of direct work with children and families
- Practical direct working skills with children, young people and families to advise, support, persuade and engage them in meeting their goals and potential
- Able to think reflectively and creatively in relation to direct work with children, young people and families
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Social Work Assistant – Childrens x3
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.