- Pay Rate:
£12.22 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
Temporary SMT Secretary
Reference no: Surrey BL TCL357784
Pay rate £12.22 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
Recruitment Vetting (RV)
Provide a proactive and dynamic secretarial service to principals to allow them to facilitate their strong performance in their own role, and allowing them to work efficiently
- Manage senior managers’ diaries to ensure that the appropriate appointments and work are given priority and that the principals can make best use of their time
- Draft letters, reports and other documents as requested, to effectively communicate the intended messages and to allow the principles to use their time most productively
- Produce, collate and circulate papers for meetings to ensure that the participants in the meetings receive the appropriate information sufficiently in advance of the meeting to prepare themselves appropriately
- Provide administrative support to designated committees to ensure that accurate minutes are taken and distributed, and that the meetings schedule functions effectively
- Organise events as requested, to ensure that appropriate facilities are in place and that attendees have all of the information they need
- Organise travel for the principal where required, to ensure that cost-effective and good value travel arrangements are made
- To undertake other administrative tasks as requested by managers within the scope of appropriate service level agreements
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to manage competing priorities
- Ability to produce good results with limited supervision and limited direct instructions
- Ability to produce high quality work to tight deadlines
- Ability to appropriately handle sensitive information
- Ability to write shorthand
- Accurate typing at a speed of at least 70 words per minute
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Police Vacancy - only for candidates with a minimum of 3 years continuous UK address history.
Please note that this vacancy is subject to a strict security vetting procedure.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours. NB: Police Vacancy - only for candidates with a minimum of 3 years continuous UK address history.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Recruitment Vetting (RV) Clearance.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.