- Pay Rate:
£11.59 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
Temporary Skilled Groundsperson - Tractor Driver
Reference no: Nottinghamshire TCL 0008 58D0 / 1
Pay Rate: £11.59 per hour PAYE
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is 3-4 months
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
Someone with Tractor Diving skill and some one ideally local to the Broxtowe/Gedling area.
The post indicates Groundsperson as well but the real focus on this one needs to be the tractor driving bit. To deliver an effective and efficient daily grounds maintenance service to designated establishments
- Operating a Large tractor for the maintenance of sports pitches and gang mowing including using a variety of equipment as indicated in the Person Specification.
- Skilled horticultural sportsground/arboricultural operations, including all duties as groundsperson.
- Measuring, setting out and marking of all sports facilities, including football, hockey, rugby and athletics.
- Preparing and maintaining sports facilities, including facilities for soccer, hockey, rugby, athletics, tennis, cricket, bowls, golf and all other sporting events. Facilities to include natural turf, hard porous, other non-turf surfaces including concrete, tarmac, simulated turf and other synthetic surfaces.
- Maintaining the landscape and grounds, including the maintenance and preparation of border shrub care, pruning and tree work.
- Apply chemicals in the operation of landscape maintenance.
- Maintaining plant, machinery and equipment.
- Working on all aspects of landscape construction and development of sports facilities, including cultivation and seeding, grading and planting trees and shrubs. Facilities to include natural turf, hard porous, other non-turf surfaces including concrete, tarmac, simulated turf and other synthetic surfaces.
- Any other duties which may reasonably be regarded as within the nature of the duties and responsibilities/grade of the post as defined, subject to the proviso that normally any changes of a permanent nature shall be incorporated into the Job Description in specific terms
- Taking reasonable care for the health and safety of him/herself and other persons who may be affected by his/her activities and where appropriate safeguarding the health and safety of all persons under his/her control and guidance in accordance within the provision of health and safety legislation
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- NVQ Level 2 in Grounds Maintenance, City and Guilds Certificate in Grounds Maintenance or Equivalent Qualification
- Comprehensive knowledge of Grounds Maintenance Techniques.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to supervise and cover during short term absence of the Team Leader
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Skilled Groundsperson - Tractor Driver
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.