- Pay Rate:
Up to £11.93 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 5 months
- Oxford, Oxfordshire,
Temporary Site Support Admin Assistant
Reference no: Oxfordshire 5227161
Pay Rate: Up to £11.93 per hour PAYE depending on experience
This opening assignment is for 5 months
Standard DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role
The purpose of the role is to provide face to face services and signposting to site users, gathering and providing information about access to services and assistance, and prioritising requests according to needs and requirements.
- To work effectively and positively with partners, contractors, colleagues, customers, elected Members, and other stakeholders and in accordance with organisational and statutory policies and requirements.
- Be responsible for routine site safety checks. Promote and deliver organisational health and safety policies.
- Deliver consistent and effective site support, providing a good quality first point of contact for members of the public which is sensitive to people’s circumstances and needs and controlling site access at designated times.
- Monitor, carry out and respond to premises routine checks and statutory testing. Act as fire coordinator and assist in building evacuation for fire and bomb alerts.
- To provide accurate and up to date information for the public electronically and in hard copies on site.
- Assist with the management of deliveries and contractors ensuring site security protocols are followed. Manage contractors carrying out minor repairs to equipment and make sure that the organisation's guidelines are followed by all those on site.
- Facilitating meeting room bookings and usage - setting up and taking down etc.
- Work in a constructive way with colleagues across the Council and with our partners.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of working within a front facing environment, engaging with customers / stakeholders face to face and over the telephone in a sensitive, confident and competent manner.
- Proven ability to work to tight deadlines, aware of confidentiality and understanding of the requirements of an office environment.
- Experience in facilities management including post, reception, cleaning and security work
- Awareness of dynamics and requirements within the local authority environment.
- Good technical and digital skills including standard word processing and use of spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety as it relates to FM, as well as any other relevant statutory and legislative regulations.
- An ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and service users and build and manage positive relationships.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Site Support Admin Assistant
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.