- Pay Rate:
£13.50 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months until further notice
Site Manager - Gypsy & Traveller Unit
Reference no: Essex 7497
The primary localities are Braintree, Chelmsford, Maldon and Uttlesford. The locations and the role can be discussed in more depth at the interview, as the role requires managing between 1-4 of the 12 managed residential Gypsy and Traveller sites in the Borough.
The purpose of the role is to manage the sites in an efficient and effective manner, including collection and recording payments chasing arrears, ensuring residents comply with/enforcing site licence conditions, basic maintenance of the site and buildings, ensure that health and safety regulations are complied with and directly supporting residents in accessing key services.
- Ensure the terms of site licences are strictly complied with in order to maintain acceptable behaviour of licensees and that health and safety regulations are complied with including promotion of Fire Safety awareness through use of smoke alarms, fire distances and safe storage of hazardous materials.
- Liaise with statutory and voluntary organisations concerning benefits payments, education and healthcare etc. in order to keep up to date housing benefit records, children in school and families registered with GPs.
- Collect rent and water charges, addressing any arrears issues at an early stage, in order to ensure accurate records.
- Responsible for minor repairs (e.g. replacing locks, rodding drains) in order to ensure the site is kept in a good state of repair and oversee major repairs via external contractors on site to ensure all work is completed to the required standard.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the communal areas including roadways and open areas including grass and hedge cutting, litter picking
- Maintain a waiting list of Gypsy/Travellers wishing to move onto the site to ensure an efficient transition of licensees to and from the site, working towards 100% occupancy at all times.
- Assist on any of the Gypsy/Travellers sites run by the County Council or Partners as required to ensure efficient coverage for absence.
- Manage all resources to ensure that services are procured from external providers to represent ‘value for money’, services are delivered on time and within budget and best use is made of land and buildings
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of working with the Gypsy/Traveller community is desirable but not essential.
- Experience of working in areas of enforcement, community safety & liaison or social housing would be beneficial.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, good interpersonal skills and negotiation skills with the ability to deal with difficult situations.
- Good numeracy with the ability to keep records and accounts, good organisational skills and have good judgement, problem solving and analysis skills.
- Experience of managing health and safety, administration/record keeping and of undertaking basic maintenance work
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Site Manager - Gypsy & Traveller Unit
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.