- Pay Rate:
£19.31 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
- SOUTH SHIELDS,
Temporary SIP Officer
Reference no: S Tyneside 5166114162104
Pay rate £19.31 per hour PAYE
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
You will work within a Safeguarding in Partnership Team receiving referrals from professionals and members of the public concerning adults, who through certain life choices are placing themselves at significant risk of serious harm to their health and wellbeing. The overall objective of the post is to facilitate positive change by working in a creative way to engage some of the most disenfranchised adults at risk of serious harm through lifestyle choices. Through the strength of a highly person centred, patient and persistent approach, you will enable the adult to navigate professional systems, be an accessible choice promoter and use the trusting relationship to lever longer term change
- Maintain effective and constructive relationships with a broad range of internal and external partners, including Social Work, Health, Housing, Education, Police, Probation Service; also engaging with Voluntary and Private Sector to ensure referrals are responded to robustly and are effectively signposted.
- Through liaison, dialogue and searching associated databases collect and collate relevant information to the outcome of the referral.
- To provide information to people and their carers through liaison with internal and external agencies to enable access to relevant services and to encourage them to engage and participate.
- To promote and embed the effective delivery of strength based approaches to support planning, maximising on an individual’s strengths and community / family resources.
- To ensure clear, concise, and accurate recording of work undertaken and good electronic and paper file management is maintained.
- To appropriately risk assess referrals and escalate enquiries when necessary.
- Participate in multi-agency risk analysis meetings to inform case management, advising, where necessary and challenging decisions where appropriate.
- To provide written reports to represent individual and carers needs and ensure you maintain a high level of data quality for all information recorded, ensuring that the information is timely, accurate and complete.
- To safeguard individuals in a way that supports them in making choices and having control in how they choose to live their lives. Ensure that the ‘Making Safeguarding Personal’ ethos is at the heart of all social care practice.
- Provide a commitment to knowing the community you serve and develop links and opportunities within it
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- A professional qualification such as a Housing, psychology, substance misuse or equivalent
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation applicable to safeguarding for example the Homelessness Reduction Act, the Care Act, the Mental Capacity Act, Mental Health Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
- Up-to-date knowledge and understanding of safeguarding policy developments, best practice and current trends
- Experience of safeguarding frameworks, processes and procedures as well as managing complex cases and implementing a range of interventions
- Demonstrable experience of undertaking complex assessments including risk assessments
- Experience of multi-disciplinary working
- Experience of building relationships with community service providers and working in effective partnership to improve outcomes for individuals
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present complex information both verbally and in writing in a clear, concise manner to a range of audiences
- Ability to collect complex information where it has been drawn from multiple sources and may be conflicting or incomplete which will lead to an information decision on referrals
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.