- Pay Rate:
£17.99 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
Temporary Service Officer - Electrical
Reference no: Dudley 1007435
Pay rate £17.99 per hour PAYE
To assist in the management of and provide a complete Electrical / Technical / Mechanical / Civils / Building installation and maintenance service including Contract Administration and Project Management within the specialised areas for the Housing Assets and Development section ensuring high standards, minimal defects and to high customer expectation / satisfaction. Produce technical specifications, feasibility studies and full on site contract administration together with procurement, payment and cost control to building works and technical systems
- Provide technical direction and set standards of quality of work for the Electrical, Specialist Electrical and Lift Contractors including regular site visits to monitor workforce compliance to both contractors and their subcontractors ensuring services, provided comply with the terms of the contract and are undertaken in a professional manner as defined by the appropriate, current regulatory standards, regulations, professional codes of practice, health and safety and CDM.
- Provision of pre and post contract administration, inspection and supervision service, oversee commissioning and testing of installations, witness testing of installations by 3rd parties in accordance with current regulatory standards on all types of Electrical, Specialist Electrical and Lift contracts, including maintenance, servicing, refurbishment and new installations, utilising computerised equipment and processing the work required in relation to an agreed schedule, in both tenanted and void properties.
- Preparation of designs, specifications, including technical guidance and schematic diagrams and programmes of work where appropriate, for servicing, compliance, maintenance, refurbishments and new installations on complete Electrical / Technical / Mechanical / Civils / Building installation and maintenance service.
- Provision of quality control and cost advice on long and short-term programmes of work encompassing various planned long-term refurbishment projects.
- Responding to Electrical, Specialist Electrical and Lift emergencies to support and advise contractors and liaise with Housing Management as and when they arise, within normal working office hours, and in exceptional circumstances outside of normal office hours.
- Closely liaise with and advise other departments and teams across the Council, including Corporate Landlord, Finance, Legal, Housing Management, etc., to effectively plan, schedule and undertake maintenance, repairs and refurbishments, to determine the extent of works required.
- Scrutinise and evaluate the condition of equipment and/or systems, where necessary provide a stock condition report to include recommendations and feasibility study for refurbishment or replacement.
- Maintain comprehensive electronic records of certification. Authorise urgent works and collate recommendations for improvements for consideration in planning & planned maintenance works.
- Maintain a comprehensive technical knowledge of current legislation and regulations in the Electrical, Specialist Electrical and Lift disciplines and the effect on servicing, maintenance and installation of such Council owned equipment and/or systems.
- Liaise with Tenants, Tenant representatives, Occupational Therapists, Social Services, Local Members, Members of Parliament, Health and Safety Officers, Insurance Advisors, Fire Officers, Contractors, HM’s, Sheltered Accommodation Managers, Minor Works Managers and Project Managers
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- ***Qualification details and all other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) - please give full details within your CV document.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Service Officer - Electrical
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.