- Pay Rate:
£28.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 7 months
- OXFORD, Oxfordshire,
Interim Senior Transport Development Control Engineer
Reference no: Oxfordshire 5233106
Pay rate: £28.00 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 7 months
City: OXFORD, Oxfordshire
A Senior Transport Development Control Engineer is required to advise on the transport implications/highways impacts of pre-application development proposals and to assess planning applications.
- Assess planning applications including advising and make recommendations on their transport implications, having regard to District and County Council policy and to Government policy and advice.
- Advise on the transport implications/highways impacts of pre-application development proposals.
- Negotiate appropriate financial contributions towards transport services and infrastructure required arising from planning applications.
- Prepare and present evidence to Public Inquiries, Hearings and Written Representation Statements.
- Provide input into the preparation of strategic plans and local development frameworks and assessment of strategic development sites.
- Represent the Highway Authority at meetings with Developers, Agents, Councillors, Local Planning Authority staff, other stakeholders and members of the public to discuss and advise as necessary on the highway, traffic, and transport aspects of development proposals.
- Prepare reports and attend planning committees.
- Site visits may be required to carry out role.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- A transport engineering or transport planning background with a good understanding of the development planning and place-making process.
- ***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Transport Development Control Engineer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.