- Pay Rate:
£34.85 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 5 months
- Woolwich, Greater London,
Interim Senior Traffic Engineer - Transportation
Reference no: Greenwich RQ1111283
Pay Rate: £34.85 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 5 months
City: Woolwich, Greater London
Pay rate negotiable for the right candidate
The successful candidate will be accountable to the Principal Traffic Engineer for the effective execution of specific engineering projects, functions or areas of work, as allocated, in accordance with the particular contracts / agreements and with all relevant statutory requirements.
- Produce financial estimates and statistics for specific projects / areas of work / claims for payment.
- Monitor progress and expenditure on specific projects/areas of work.
- Operate within the financial limits and budgetary arrangements of the Directorate, including compliance with all systems set up for the recording of staff time allocation, expenditure, income and associated financial transactions and procedures.
- Assist in the preparation of Conditions of Contract, Specification, Bills of Quantities and Schedules of Rates and other tender documents relating to the contract or agreement with the client.
- Take personal day-to-day responsibility for the effective execution of own work and that of any junior staff or subcontractors for whom the postholder is responsible, the achievement of professional standards and the meeting of deadlines.
- Carry out a variety of engineering work as required, e.g. the examination and interpretation of reports and surveys, design of the less complex engineering schemes, production of drawings, undertaking and analysis of local consultation, determining the choice of methods and materials, the vetting of sub-contractors tenders/quotations and recommendations for acceptance.
- Ensure that in executing contracts/ agreements (or parts thereof) all specifications are met and that levels of performance, quality targets, budgetary constraints and any other statutory requirements are achieved.
- Where appropriate, supervise more junior staff and in their on-the-job training.
- Answer correspondence and queries and deal with complaints as directed and in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Write and present reports in connection with own work.
- Attend meetings with the general public and deal with questions as requested.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Educated to degree level with significant experience in traffic engineering.
- An appropriate technical qualification with significant experience in traffic engineering.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of working with external agencies / partnerships relevant to the area of work.
- Experience of managing contractors.
- Understanding of local government and the legislative context in which the service operates.
- High level of technical knowledge of the area in which the post operates.
- Ability to communicate effectively (both orally and in writing) with the public and other professionals.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Traffic Engineer - Transportation
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.