- Pay Rate:
Up to £14.71 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- MARCH, Cambridgeshire,
Temporary Senior Technical Support Officer – Planning
Reference no: Fenland 5235185
Pay rate: Up to £14.71 per hour PAYE depending on experience
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
City: MARCH, Cambridgeshire
Office based role
Basic DBS required for this role
An experienced Planning Technical Support Officer is required to assist the Technical Support Manager in providing a responsive, efficient, effective and excellent customer focused technical support to Development Service and its customers and stakeholders, both internal and external. To include validation of planning applications.
- Operate competently the current Development Service and GIS computer systems, and Document Management system, including the input of information and the production of documentation.
- Consultation to relevant bodies and neighbours including re-consultation or further consultation requests.
- Plotting of applications onto GIS, identifying constraints and history on sites.
- Create Case Files, produce standard/non-standard letters/emails, committee letters, decision notices. Process incoming and outgoing correspondence in accordance with procedures.
- Validation and logging of Pre- application enquiries.
- Process withdrawn and Finally Disposed Of applications.
- Process all compliance enquiries involving the logging of complaints, history checks, and constraint checks and closing of cases.
- Carry out all Appeal administration duties in respect of Planning and Compliance.
- Monitor the Development Services email systems, responding to enquiries.
- Carry out all other administrative tasks required to ensure the delivery of an excellent support service to all customers e.g. Filing, refunds, assist with consultation and surveys, download applications from the portal.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- GCSE English Language and Mathematics, Grade C or equivalent qualification or work experience.
- Level 3 NVQ (Information, Advice and Guidance) or equivalent desirable.
- Level 2 NVQ in Customer Service, or equivalent desirable.
- Previous experience in a Planning support role.
- Experience of the validation of planning applications, interrogating GIS systems, interpreting plans.
- Experience of working in a high pressured development support office environment.
- Experience of team working.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Administrative and organisational skills – high level of keyboarding skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good understanding of, and track record in, the delivery of excellent customer service.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, to include report and letter writing, and clear and effective communication methods to customers, staff, members and other stakeholders.
- Ability to interpret and analyse written and computerised graphical information.
- Ability to calculate areas and analyse statistics.
- Ability to provide professional, competent information, advice and guidance.
- A positive, ‘can do’ approach to work and problem solving.
- A flexible approach to work.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Technical Support Officer – Planning
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.