- Pay Rate:
up to £16.60 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- STROKE ON TRENT,
Temporary Senior Technical & Business Support Officer
Reference no: Stoke on Trent 5228811
Pay rate up to £16.60 per hour PAYE depending on experience
This opening assignment is for 6 months
The post is to provide technical and business support across Public Protection as part of the Covid catch up programme, and while the Service undertakes a major IT project (Civica CX Implementation)
- Manage and organise staff to deliver technical and administrative support in relation to Environmental Health, Trading Standards and Consumer Protection functions in an accurate, timely, and cost-efficient manner ensuring that customer focussed services are delivered within required timescales.
- Ensure technical and administrative support is delivered in line with corporate, departmental and divisional priorities and business plans, and is customer focused and accessible as appropriate.
- Monitor, supervise and control income and expenditure associated with Environmental Health, Trading Standards and Consumer Protection functions, ensuring that fees and charges for services are accurately levied in a timely and cost effective manner, with invoices for expenditure being processed in accordance with suppliers deadlines and corporate procedures.
- Manage, maintain, and develop office and I.T. systems, processes, and records as necessary to ensure data supporting environmental health and trading standards business processes can be accurately located, retained and disposed of in accordance with Service retention schedules.
- Supervise word processing, desktop publishing, photocopying, duplication, and binding duties undertaken by staff to ensure the required outputs are delivered within deadlines, and are of a high quality professional appearance.
- Oversee the delivery of technical assistance to customer contacts, via all access channels, ensuring that they are dealt with in a professional and effective manner, and responded to, allocated or redirected as appropriate.
- Supervise responses to requests for technical and administrative information from officers, external agencies and other parts of the council, and ensure that appropriate records and standards are maintained.
- Supervise, motivate, and develop staff to achieve personal and divisional targets and standards which improve or maintain efficiency and effectiveness of support services.
- Appraise and participate in training and development opportunities to improve or maintain efficiency and effectiveness of support services, and the individual skills of staff.
- Embrace the City Council’s commitment to equal opportunities and promote non- discriminatory practices in all aspects of work undertaken
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Competencies associated with NVQ Level 4 in Administration/ Business Studies
- Previous experience in a similar discipline and public facing environment providing technical and administrative support
- Experience of managing, supervising, developing, and implementing technical and administrative systems and procedures
- Able to manage and organise staff and workloads in a public facing environment providing technical and administrative support
- Able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Numerate, able to calculate and produce/check figures and statistics to a high degree of accuracy, and to stated deadlines, with experience of monitoring and supervising budgetary systems and controls.
- Ability to demonstrate consistent attention to detail
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Technical & Business Support Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.