- Pay Rate:
up to £550.48 per day PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- WEST BROMPTON, LONDON,
Senior Technical Architect - Counter Terrorism Policing
Reference no: MPS 0006 DB80 / 1
Pay rate up to £550.48 per day PAYE depending on experience
Hybrid role - 2 - 3 days in the office
SC or DV Vetting required.
Candidates with current SC/DV clearances will go through their vetting processes, currently this is taking up to 6 months. If you are already in a contract that potentially is not ending for a few months and this role is of interest, do let us know, we would be happy to discuss further.
NB: Police Vacancy - only for candidates with a minimum of 3 years continuous UK address history.
To work on the technical architecture development for CTP
- Design and develop technical solutions to meet both business and technical platform requirements.
- Ensure technical solutions meet strategic technical and business vision.
- Provide participation throughout the project lifecycle, defining and refining requirements where required, through design and assisting in the transition through to production environments.
- Develop Automation and delivery plans.
- Develop and keep updated templates for Design documents for projects to follow to ensure consistency between
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- TOGAF or another Architecture framework
- In depth knowledge of and exposure to Government Security Classification and related security policies and guidelines
- Experience of working on large scale Business Change and IT enabled Transformation Programmes
- Experience of working in the Policing sector
- Experience of working in a complex high profile political environment
- Effective written, oral and interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with people at all levels
- Sufficient security clearance to operate in CT Policing environment and with partners
A career in Counter Terrorism Policing (CT Policing) is like no other. Every day offers a variety of exciting challenges and exceptional opportunities played out on a regional, national and international stage. Your skills could help protect the UK. With the ongoing terrorist threat, there has never been a more important time to be working alongside some of the best and brightest to help keep people safe. Counter Terrorism Policing is a collaboration of UK police forces working with the UK intelligence community to help protect the public and our national security by preventing, deterring and investigating terrorist activity. We do this by working in local to global partnerships, from policing teams on the beat and on the streets; supported by a national network of specialist officers and staff across the UK, to our investigators and expert advisors in every corner of the world.
Uniquely the police service, and specifically the Counter Terrorism network contributes to all four Pillars of the governments National Counter Terrorism (CONTEST) strategy. The Counter Terrorism Policing headquarters, on behalf of government and the National Police Chiefs’ Council (NPCC), ensures that the CT network has the funding, capabilities and resources it needs to deliver CONTEST effectively and to keep people safe from terrorism. It does this through the provision of corporate services, as well as national operational tasking and coordination. It houses a number of unique national CT capabilities that support the entire network, as well as overseeing delivery of CT policing across the regions to ensure that it operates in a way that is both effective and efficient. Crucially CTPHQ represents CT policing’s interest within government and with wider stakeholders, ensuring that the policing contribution to CONTEST is both understood and appreciated. Hosted by the Metropolitan Police, Counter Terrorism Policing oversees the UK’s National Counter Terrorism Policing Network
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- SC or DV Clearance.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Technical Architect - Counter Terrorism Policing
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.