- Pay Rate:
£24.05 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- NORTH KENSINGTON, London,
Full Job Title: Interim Senior Surveyor – Housing & Modernisation
Job Reference: K&C 5218516
Pay Rate: £24.05 per hour PAYE
Basic DBS disclosure required
To contribute to the delivery of a professional, high quality, cost effective, local authority property and regeneration service, within a defined area of the Team’s remit.
To provide technical assistance and managerial support to the Principal Surveyor to achieve the appropriate use of property assets/land holdings to support the Council’s objectives in areas of effective asset management, strategic land use and regeneration.
To provide and contribute to the formulation of professional advice to the Council on its property portfolio/land holdings and all related matters to achieve positive outcomes in transactions undertaken on the Council’s behalf.
- To contribute to the effective delivery of asset management / regeneration activities undertaken by the Team, ensuring full compliance with corporate objectives, professional, regulatory, statutory and other requirements attaching to the effective stewardship of a substantial property portfolio/land resource with significant strategic potential.
- To contribute to major projects undertaken across the Council and undertake specific key projects within the Team, which may have significant, fundamental, long-term impacts on the Council’s operations, its financial position and the wellbeing of the borough.
- To be accountable to the Principal Surveyor in financial matters for all casework within the post holder’s area of responsibility (including procurement).
- To provide professional advice to the Principal Surveyor and senior managers on asset and regeneration strategies and specific transactions for the effective use of property resources/land holdings and their implications.
- To deal with commercially significant and often sensitive property matters and negotiations both within and outside the borough.
- To be responsible for the financial appraisal of property initiatives and significant financial management activities related to the team which may include capital receipts, income management, recovery (debt), budget monitoring, etc.
- To negotiate and obtain approval to enter into procurements/contracts integral to the delivery of Team projects.
- To prepare reports and provide advice to Committee and senior officers on the development of policy and strategy related to property and land and strategies for managing capital and revenue budgets through the effective use of these assets and implications for service delivery.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Hold a relevant degree.
- Hold a relevant professional qualification; Fellow or Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) or be ready to sit the RICS Assessment of Professional Competence.
- Knowledge of law and administration of local government at a senior level with specific reference to legislation and regulations affecting the Council’s duties in relation to asset holdings, dealings and strategic/operational procurements.
- Understanding of legislation, issues and financial constraints affecting local government and specifically government policies relating to asset use, housing, planning and regeneration and how they will impact upon a local authority managing a major property portfolio and/or regeneration programme.
- Understanding of relevant external forces, commercial constraints, risks and trends and an awareness of how they may affect the activities of the Property business unit / Regeneration division.
- An understanding of the Council’s equalities and diversity policy and its implication for this role.
- Good practical knowledge of estate management law and practice and its application.
- At least 4 years experience in a relevant (property, regeneration etc.) professional capacity.
- Experience in producing accurate technical statements, reports and correspondence on complex matters using input from a range of sources.
- Experience meeting with and communicating complex matters to members of the public, interested parties and their advisors, and of commercial negotiations with a range of partners to achieve excellent results in complex and high value cases.
- Experience of contributing to the delivery of complex asset strategy and/or regeneration programmes.
- Experience of successfully managing complex projects using recognised management, monitoring and control techniques.
- Experience of using property records and management systems to enhance the quality of work outputs.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Surveyor – Housing & Modernisation
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.