- Pay Rate:
£17.50 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- SOUTHWARK, LONDON,
Temporary Senior Support Officer
Reference no: Southwark 5228701
Pay rate £17.50 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
Travelling to 'Peckham' office is a requirement for this role, but may be able to work from home part of the week
Senior Support Officer will manage staff and lead on LADO (allegation against professionals) administrative tasks including minuting complex strategy meetings. They will also carry out data entry and checks for adult offenders and support various panels /forums
- Manage staff and be responsible for ensuring smooth processes are in place for looked after children reviews and that senior managers are supported in their day to day work.
- Lead on end of the year statutory data returns for LADO and CLA functions and assist senior managers in meeting other more frequent and yearly reporting requirements.
- To deputise on behalf of the Support Services Manager in managing other Child Protection Administration and support the Child Protection convening functions.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the legal framework, including Government guidelines and statistical returns, within which the service operates.
- Responsible for managing and motivating support services staff, who provide various support service functions, provide their supervision and identify their training and development needs.
- Set and meet appropriate and challenging targets for self and the team in the form of work plans and monitor performance against targets, policy, procedures and corporate service standards as part of the Performance Management scheme.
- Responsible for the day to day management of the tasks for self and by the team, ensuring tasks completed to a good quality standard which includes timescales and accuracy.
- Responsibility to ensure the day to day smooth operation of the office environment, which would require specific knowledge (e.g. health and safety issues), and co-ordinating others’ activities (e.g. collation of data on key performance indicators), and setting up an administrative process that support the work of the Practitioners.
- To undertake the collation, preparation and provision of information reports for Managers using System Reports and Excel and be able to manipulate and present the data where required.
- Provide information and guidance including deliver induction on processes and procedures to Practitioners and Managers, specifically new staff to the Service, ensuring they understand the Departments processes that govern their work
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Knowledge of the nature and operation of Children’s Services within a local authority setting.
- Knowledge of the principles and methods of staff management, including staff development, capability and disciplinary procedure
- Experience of using, appraising and maintaining a range of administrative systems, including computerised systems, sufficient to enable the post holder to participate in the development and use of such systems
- Experience of interpreting data from a complex database to ensure quality of data and producing statistical and/or financial information.
- Experience of working on own initiative, organise workloads, determine priorities and meet deadlines
- Must have administrative experience in a highly pressured, busy, multi-tasking working environment, ideally in similar setting/Local Authority.
- Must have multi-agency Minuting experience
- Excellent it and data base skills
- Effective communicator, with exceptional interpersonal skills to enable the post holder to respond appropriately in a variety of situations
- Minute meetings covering complex confidential material, having the ability to select and reproduce the appropriate information
- Must be able to supervise staff
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Support Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.