- Pay Rate:
up to £300 per day PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- WOOLWICH, LONDON,
Interim Senior Strategic Procurement Business Partner
Reference no: Greenwich RQ1044350
Pay Rate: up to £300 per day PAYE depending on experience
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
City: WOOLWICH, LONDON
Senior Strategic Procurement Business Partner in Childrens & Finance to undertake the role of procurement Business partner that includes being ‘head of profession’. Chosen candidates will be required to work and contribute to the objectives of the corporate procurement function. In this regard, they will be required to work in other areas depending on the demands of the service. They will support the relevant directorates above and develop their procurement strategy and annual plans and be the procurement advisor to the director and the DMT, as well to undertake procurement practitioner role in supporting the end to end tendering exercises of strategic projects.
Support the development of effective contract management practices within the directorate. Support the transition of procurement practice to e- tendering approach and also, the move to e-contract documentation. Promote /drive collaborative procurement exercises internally (i.e. between departments within the directorate) and externally, i.e. between their directorate and other directorates of the council. Support the head of procurement in training and upskilling of officers within the directorate to ensure effective tendering activities and contract management are embedded within the teams; and lead the procurement data spends analysis and using it to support the Director and their senior team develop their directorate procurement strategy
- Providing procurement advise to the director and the Directorate Management Team (DMT)
- Supporting the particular directorate develop their procurement strategy and annual plans
- Leading on the transition of procurement practice to e- tendering approach and also, the move to e-contract documentation within directorates
- Undertaking the end to end tendering exercises of strategic and complex projects.
- Supporting the development of effective contract management practices within the directorate
- Embedding a social value approach within the particular directorate’s procurement activities
- Promoting /driving collaborative procurement exercises internally (i.e. between departments within the directorate) and externally, i.e. between the directorate and other directorates of the council
- Supporting the directorate to achieve value for money and social value through their procurement activities
- Supporting the head of procurement in training and upskilling of officers within the directorate to ensure effective tendering activities and contract management are embedded within the teams
- Leading the procurement data spends analysis and using it to support the director and his/her senior team develop their directorate procurement strategy
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- MCIPS qualified or part-qualified
- Relevant training/experience in working with procurement, contract letting/management.
- Extensive experience within the particular directorate they specialise in i.e. Health & Adult Services (Including Public Health), Housing, or Children’s services and Finance.
- Extensive experience of procurement, in the area of contract letting/management
- Experience / background within local authority procurement is essential
- Experience and knowledge of Word, excel, PowerPoint etc
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent communication, negotiating and influencing skills along with the ability to influence (including excellent presentation and report writing skills)
- Attention to detail and ability to work accurately to deadlines
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Strategic Procurement Business Partner
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.