- Pay Rate:
£14.02 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
- STOKE ON TRENT, Staffordshire,
Temporary Senior Skilled Vehicle Technician – Fleet Transport
Reference no: Stoke 5197823
Undertake the full range of repairs and maintenance to the council’s vehicles, plant, and equipment. Main Responsibilities include:
- Carry out repairs and preventative maintenance in accordance with the laid down manufacturers specification , including fault finding and diagnostic testing to motor vehicles, contractors plant and grounds machinery powered by gas, diesel oil, petrol or electricity together with associated equipment
- Carry out repairs including fault finding and diagnostic testing to vehicle/plant electrics, hydraulics and pneumatics, especially those fitted to specialist vehicles such as refuse, road sweeper’s, gully vehicles and buses
- Carry out repairs and modifications to vehicle bodywork, including general panel beating, engineering fabrication, design, redesign and installation
- Complete general welding (gas, arc) brazing and soldering as necessary
- Complete repairs using machine shop tools and equipment including general bench work
- To carry out vehicle safety inspections, in accordance with the Vehicle Inspectorate standards and guidelines and to complete all relevant documentation accurately
- To prepare vehicles for, and drive to the Vehicle Inspectorate Test Station for Plating and Testing and to carry out minor adjustments which may be identified on this inspection as required
- To attend to vehicle/plant and equipment breakdowns, and effect roadside repairs or recovery to the Transport Workshops or Repair Agents, as directed by a Team Leader, Supervisor or his delegate
- Undertake general engineering work and fabrications when required
- Carry out assessment of Vehicles and plant involved in accidents or damaged and advice on roadworthiness and arrange for repairs to be carried out either internally or externally if specialist equipment needed
- Carry out MOT testing (class 4, 5 and 7)
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Hold a relevant qualification in Plant Motor Vehicle Technology equivalent to NVQ level 2/3
- Hold a VOSA recognised Certificate for Large Goods Vehicle Safety/Roadworthiness Inspections
- Minimum of 2 years post qualification experience in vehicle or plant maintenance in a multidisciplinary workshop environment
- Experience of Supervising, motivating and controlling employees within the post holders remit
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of M.O.T. Testing, standards and procedures and be a qualified MOT inspector or actively in training as an MOT Inspector
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Other Work-Related Requirements: Must have an LGV category C Driving Licence and ideally category C+E Driving Licence
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Skilled Vehicle Technician – Fleet Transport
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.