- Pay Rate:
£18.53 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday - Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
Temporary Senior Resource Worker x4 – Children’s Services
Reference no: Middlesbrough 8609814816611
Pay Rate: £18.53 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 35-37 Monday - Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
Enhanced DBS required for this role
Senior Resource Workers are required to work within the Futures for Families Team working directly with those families who are in need, from within a purpose built residential setting. The team provide a rapid response to children and families in crisis, enabling them to address and overcome the difficulties that have led to the family being at risk of breakdown, and prevent further escalation and referral to care proceedings. This may include working with children with challenging behaviour, moderate to severe disability, and complex health needs. To provide support, supervision, appraisal and advice to other staff who are undertaking this work. This role requires a Level 3 and restraint training.
- Ensure that a high quality of care and support is provided which meets the physical, emotional, intellectual, behavioral, health, social and cultural needs of children. This will include working in the Home and also working to support children in the community, in other settings and working in children’s own homes.
- Design and implement Care Plans and take part in developing any other plans as needed for the child, including safeguarding plans, health plans and behavioural plans.
- Support the child attending educational, religious, social and cultural activities.
- Administer medication once training has been given, which may include emergency medication.
- Attend relevant meetings related to the care of children including review and planning meetings.
- Act as a “Key Worker” for designated children.
- Ensure the appropriate completion of recording and documentation related to the care of children, including recording on the computer database. Use other information technology and associated systems as needed.
- Take part in training, supervision and appraisal, attend team meetings and development days. Work in other parts of the service for short periods either as part of training and development, or to meet the needs of service users. Provide supervision and appraisal to other staff when needed. Support the training and development of staff.
- Participate in the agreed working rota, which may include weekends, bank holidays, evenings, early mornings and waking night shifts (the Home will be open 365 days per year). Act as “shift leader” when required to do so and take responsibility for the Home in the absence of more senior staff.
- Assist in management tasks as necessary for the smooth running of the Home. Take responsibility for the Home for short periods in the absence of the manager and participate in the development of the Home.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- NVQ Level 3 working with Children and Young People.
- Role requires restraint training.
- Management qualification desirable.
- Full UK driving licence.
- An understanding of child development and challenging behaviour.
- Relevant experience and a professional approach to carrying out all aspects of this managerial role.
- Experience of working in residential children’s homes.
- Experience of supervision of staff.
- Experience of managing challenging situations.
Skills & Abilities:
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to engage with children of all ages and all levels of ability.
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the role.
- Ability to work in partnership with parents/families and other professionals.
- Able to work unsocial hours i.e. early mornings, weekend’s sleep-ins, night shift as well as school holidays, evenings and Bank holidays.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Resource Worker x4 – Children’s Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.