- Pay Rate:
£17.53 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
Senior Regulatory Services Officer
Reference no: W Cheshire 5219676
Pay rate £17.53 per hour PAYE
As part of a pool of Regulatory Services officers, carry out a professional advisory, assessment/inspection and enforcement role in order to ensure the highest quality of service delivery and the maintenance of relevant competencies and professional standards
- Carry out a full or very wide range of business assessment, inspection, survey and/or enforcement duties and support various areas of specialist work.
- Conduct and/or oversee assessment/inspection and enforcement activity, maintain accurate records and prepare reports for complex cases in accordance with legislation, codes of practice and the highest standards of professional practice for presentation at Court, Public and Planning Enquiries and Licensing Hearings.
- Take a lead role in developing and maintaining a customer-focused service by providing high quality advice and support to key stakeholders, including businesses, individuals and Members to promote business growth and to protect consumers and residents
- Resolve complaints and disputes in accordance within statutory guidelines/requirements and council policy
- Support the development of procedures for intelligence-led, streamlined, efficient and effectively targeted services, achieving best practice against external benchmarks in all aspects.
- Develop and maintain effective contacts with partners, business and other stakeholders to ensure and promote a fair, safe and healthy environment and pro-actively promote the service and its products to all sectors, as appropriate
- Supervise mentor and coach colleagues in order to support their professional development and build their generic and specialist knowledge and skill base, as appropriate.
- Monitor and prepare performance information and assist in the preparation of statutory returns relevant to the areas of responsibility.
- Develop and maintain an expertise in all areas designated to the post and attend relevant training courses as directed to maintain individual competences
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Degree or Diploma in Environmental Health or equivalent qualifications
- Up to date working knowledge of legislation and Codes of Practice relevant to Trading Standards
- Demonstrable experience in Environmental Health disciplines including three or more of the following work areas - food safety and hygiene, nuisance and environmental crime, housing standards, health and safety or other environmental health functions
- Good communication skills
- Able to plan, organise and prioritise individual work, tasks and projects
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Regulatory Services Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.