- Pay Rate:
£33.30 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- KENSINGTON, LONDON,
Interim Senior Project Manager - Housing
Reference no: K&C 5222109
Pay rate £33.30 per hour PAYE
Take lead responsibility for the successful project management and delivery of a number of high value, complex named capital and housing projects within the Council’s Capital Programme, delivering on time and within budget, and representing value for money; liaising with the technical lead on the planned maintenance programme ensuring sustainable long term solutions
- Manage high-value and complex projects within the Council’s Capital and New Homes Programme using project management methodology, acting as the client where appropriate and ensuring project objectives are achieved.
- Responsible for the delivery of named capital and new homes building projects within the Council’s Programme; ensuring effective outcomes, delivery on time, within budget, representing value for money.
- Actively manage allocated budgets ensuring probity adherence and that the council is not put at any financial risk.
- Ensure regular health checks and benchmarking exercises are undertaken.
- Support and assist the development of effective SLA and KPIs to ensure effective performance and efficient service delivery.
- To support and assist the development and implementation of strategies that safeguards the Council against contractual and commercial risk.
- To support and assist with the identification, development and implementation of new policies, processes and procedures, including rationalisation of legacy policies and procedures.
- Ensure each project is financially resourced and has clearly defined objectives, aims and outcomes, ensuring project milestones are carefully planned to reduce clashes /conflict.
- Participate in the development of the Council’s Capital and New Homes Programme and prepare supporting business cases.
- To employ Prince2 methodology, using project management techniques and processes as required ensuring that a consistent approach is adopted by the department’s Capital Project team
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Member of a related Property based Professional Body Membership such as Chartered Building Surveyor or Chartered Architect or Chartered Structural, Civil or Mechanical Engineer, CIPFA, BIFM etc
- Qualifications related to the role Property Related e.g., Qualified Chartered Surveyor or Engineering
- Professional knowledge of the construction industry, construction methods service installations and industry standards
- Advanced level and demonstrable knowledge of building project change management and risk management
- Advanced level and demonstrable knowledge of project methodology and programme management
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrable experience of overseeing delivery of multiple projects at any one time
- Significant relevant experience in a relevant Property discipline
- Significant relevant experience in construction project management
- Experience in working on own initiative, and as an effective team member
- Strong project and programme management skills
- Advanced level of communication skills - verbal, written and listening skills
- Advanced computer skills including but not limited to proficient use of databases (including asset management, finance and procurement), MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, MS Project etc)
- Ability to deal well with colleagues, staff, chief officers, councillors, client representatives, consultants and contractors
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Project Manager - Housing
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.