- Pay Rate:
£30.70 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- EALING, LONDON,
Interim Senior Project Manager
Reference no: Ealing 6844-1
Pay rate £30.70 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Driving Licence and vehicle
The role reports to the Principal Project Manager, with accountability for the delivery of several new build schemes as part of the current housing and regeneration programme. A significant part of the role will require an on-site presence
- To lead on the project management of land and new residential mixed tenure opportunities, including affordable rent, shared ownership, outright sales and intermediate rent, to enable housing delivery, including underused LBE land and market acquisitions.
- To meet all growth targets, including line management of within the delivery team to ensure the delivery of each project to the required time, cost and quality standards
- Forge strong partnerships with developers (private and RP’s) and land suppliers to develop opportunities for increasing housing supply through partnerships, joint ventures, and S106 partnering.
- Carry out financial appraisals and scenario analysis to model different tenures, ownership, unit mix, finance routes, and rent levels, to achieve viable schemes.
- Maximise grant income and borrowing to the development programme through successfully bidding to a range of bodies.
- Assess and propose public or other subsidy, including internal funding, cross subsidy and use of RTB receipts to enable scheme and programme viability.
- Assist the New Business Development Manager to develop a business case for new housing delivery opportunities and secure Cabinet approval and budgets on the preferred option
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educated to degree level, ideally with an appropriate property qualification, such as the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, or Institute of Housing. Or the ability to demonstrate technical knowledge of building procurement, design and construction technology including high rise/high density
- Demonstrate good technical knowledge of new house and apartment building, avoidance of defective works and quality inspection procedures
- Demonstrate an awareness of diversity and accessibility issues relating to housing and housing design
- Strong awareness of Health & Safety within the construction industry, CDM regulations and JCT D&B contracts
- Track record in delivering new build affordable housing projects from pipeline, scheme development and design, planning, through to contract let, on site project management, scheme completion, final account and latent defects period.
- Working in an urban environment across multi- stakeholder environments with competing objectives
- Use of financial modelling software, Proval (or equivalent), to carry out financial appraisals and scenario analysis for affordable housing and mixed tenure developments to achieve scheme viability
- Proficient in the use MS word and Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, financial appraisal modelling and use of electronic documents and drawings
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Project Manager
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.