- Pay Rate:
£32.86 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4-5 months
- Southwark, London,
Interim Senior Programme Delivery Manager
Reference no: GLX 0007 BD46 / 1
Pay Rate: £32.86 per hour PAYE
37 hours Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4-5 months
City: Southwark, London
Basic DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role
The postholder will lead on the development and delivery of major environment projects, or a portfolio of projects (where the project includes significant environmental components), in order to achieve desired outputs within agree timeframes, within budget, to specification and operational standards.
The post holder will have a strong record of project and programme development and management and will be required to work across a portfolio of programmes built around the five key objectives of the Net Zero Energy Unit, that encompasses the 9 priorities. Each of the 9 priorities is rated as either Gold, Silver or a key spending/commercial programme for delivery or commencing delivery in the 2023-24 business year and in agreement between the Assistant Director Environment and Energy Unit, Executive Director Good Growth and the Mayor’s Office.
- Be responsible for development, procurement, governance and project delivery of major, high value environmental projects to ensure delivery of the Mayor’s priorities.
- Identify the need for, devise and develop new environment projects or programmes.
- Manage project teams to deliver individual projects and or programmes.
- Ensure that environment projects deliver planned performance and outputs to time, GLA budget commitments and quality specifications by monitoring the activities of development partners and their contractors, identifying and reporting on risks as appropriate.
- Source, select and appoint consultants and contractors to carry out relevant work in accordance with relevant public procurement and GLA procedures and ensure delivery within the allocated budget/to time/quality
- Manage the activities of the programme delivery contractors, act as required to achieve delivery within the allocated budgets and contracted time-scales and standards of performance in respect of quality/ specification.
- Maintain regular and accurate reporting to Directorate management, with respect to the current and forecast status on assigned projects, and contribute, as required, to the corporate business plan and other corporate management activities.
- Identify opportunities for, and secure, external funding and other income in support of the Mayor’s strategies, plans and policies, and, working with the Senior Manager, allocate and manage budgets for projects undertaken.
- Keep abreast of relevant environmental and other policies, initiatives and opportunities.
- Establish and maintain excellent internal and external working relationships, and participate in cross-organisational and sector projects, to ensure opportunities for integration are maximised across the work programme of the GLA Group and that relationships with key stakeholders are further enhanced.
- Present the projects, in the context of the Mayor’s policies, objectives and concerns at conferences, seminars and meetings to external bodies and organisations, and deputise for the Senior Manager by representing the GLA at national policy and regional meetings and on study groups and working parties.
- Realise the benefits of London’s diversity by promoting and enabling equality of opportunities and promoting the diverse needs and aspirations of London’s communities.
- Realise the benefits of a flexible approach to work in undertaking the duties and responsibilities of this job, and participating in multi-disciplinary, cross-department and cross-organisational groups and project teams.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- A membership of a relevant professional project management organisation e.g. MAPM.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Understanding of climate change issues and policy, particularly the agenda in London and the role in delivering this agenda, ideally with experience of delivering.
- Demonstrable experience of managing and delivering large-scale high value environmental projects and programmes, with track record of contract management and delivering results on target and within budget and allocated resources.
- Knowledge of the project development process and project management control techniques including financial planning and appraisal.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Programme Delivery Manager
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.