- Pay Rate:
£454 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 12 months.
- Greenwich, London,
Interim Senior Product Owner - IT & Technology
Reference no: TL 0006 763A / 1
Pay Rate: £454 per day PAYE
The Senior Product Owner will be accountable for analysing, prioritising and translating business requirements into technical units of data and analytics work that are implementable by a Scrum Agile development team. The role holder is accountable for the creation and ongoing maintenance of the product backlog ensuring that stories are appropriately sized and include sufficient information to enable development of high quality software. The role holder provides Agile expertise to ensure backlogs are well maintained, prioritised and managed, acting as an effective conduit between the development team and the business stakeholders, should any technical issues or ambiguities arise and further ensuring that expectations of sponsors and stakeholders are met.
- Be the product owner for assigned systems within the Technology Development or Data and Analytics portfolio as per the agreed principles of Agile software development
- Be the ambassador and subject matter expert for the product
- Work closely with development team to prioritise product backlog according to business needs and ensure valuable releases
- Coordinate with technical delivery manager and other delivery teams to ensure that work is correctly sequenced and prioritised
- Be available and decisive when working with delivery teams as product owner. Help educate them with the best possible information and enable those teams to progress
- Provide sponsors and stakeholders with visibility of product development progress
- Communicate product features articulately to confirm the needs of users.
- Collaborate across the Technology Development and Data and Analytics Agile community to ensure that Agile processes are continually reviewed and improvements implemented.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience & Knowledge / Technical skills
- Data experience in Azure (working on data warehouse projects / building analytical products)
- Experience in Refinement
- A thorough understanding of scrum agile development principles, with a willingness to adapt and learn.
- Experience in and understanding of software development and delivery
- Certification in Product Ownership would be beneficial for roles in Technology Development
- A degree in a relevant technology/computer science subject/equivalent technical qualification
- Familiarity with using an agile planning, back log management and tracking tool e.g. Team Foundation Server
- Knowledge of relevant national and international legislation pertaining to the Government/Public Sector IT – e.g. Data Protection Act, EU Procurement Directives and Freedom of Information Act.
- Strong previous experience in a Product Manager or Product Owner role in an agile development team
- Experience or in-depth knowledge of an aspect of the public transport operating business (both operational and non-operational) desirable.
- Extensive experience and understanding of requirements elicitation, analysis, documentation, and validation, in a business sector close to the system being developed, preferably within a data warehouse implementation and therefore including data manipulation, and of reporting (essential for D&A area)
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to think strategically.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritise and multitask
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability work as part of a broader team including stakeholder management skills
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and targets
- Flexible working to suit service demands
- Has an up-to-date knowledge of common IT programs and systems
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Product Owner - IT & Technology
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.