- Pay Rate:
up to £40.16 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
- MORDEN, LONDON,
Interim Senior Procurement Lawyer
Reference no: Merton 5228174
Pay rate up to £40.16 per hour PAYE depending on experience
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
Providing advice to internal staff as to the law on matters specifically relating to the work of the section as required. Regular liaison with Council Departments, External Agencies, Courts, External Solicitors, Barristers, QC’s, Experts, Bailiffs and the Law Centre/CAB on all aspects of the work of the Section
- Preparing reports or legal concurrents for decision making bodies.
- Preparing and processing all legal documents, including agreements, deeds, notices, orders, consents, byelaws, relevant to the work of the Council and of Individual Departments:
- Negotiating and concluding contractual arrangements with Solicitors, Barristers, Valuers and Land Agents, and external agencies.
- Preparation and processing of all matters relevant to any proceedings relating to the work of the Section, including the evaluation of evidence, instructing Counsel, interviewing witnesses, preparing proofs of evidence and witness statements, attending with the Council’s Advocate before Courts, Tribunals and Public Inquiries.
- Presentation of cases before Courts, Tribunals or Public Inquiries where the worker has a right of audience on all matters relating to the work of the Council and its Departments.
- Undertaking research upon legal questions arising from the work of the Section including, where necessary, briefing Counsel and/or consultants, instructing Experts and Consultants.
- Supervision of support staff
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- A Solicitor, either with a current practising certificate or eligible to apply for a practising certificate, or a qualified Barrister or a Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives, or possessing an equivalent qualification gained in another jurisdiction.
- Knowledge of the law relating to the area of service where the assignment is based.
- An understanding of the concepts underpinning administrative and corporate law as it relates to local government.
- An awareness of the issues that face local government.
- Substantial experience within the legal profession.
- Experience of providing legal advice in the area of the assignment.
- Extensive experience on advising on procurement in the public sector
- Experience of supervising staff.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team, and to build effective relationships with Council Members, senior managers, business units, other sections and outside agencies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to present to diverse audiences, including [elected Members], senior officers, staff and external agencies.
- Ability to analyse, use and present complex data in a clear and informative way
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Procurement Lawyer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.